The spoiler laden BSG Season 3 season ender thread

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
Look, if you haven't seen it, just go away. Don't even come in here. Okay? Are we straight on that?

Because if you bitch to me that you got surprised with a spoiler I might ban you or something. :devilish:

Am I kidding? Do you really want to test me?

Come on, if the five they've picked for this, and yes, I'm including Starbuck as the likely 5th, are cylons, then it makes no sense. If those five knew they were cylons a year ago, let alone two years ago, the human race would have been fucked. Ffs, you've got the three leaders of the resistance on New Caprica there!

3) perhaps the cylon ships in the nebula at the end will turn out to be from earth as well, not enemy cylons, but cylon ships full of replicas of the final 4/5! (notice, there were 4 ships when they zoomed out). You know, thousands of Tighs, Tyrols, etc.
I like this idea, or that a fleet of 4/5 cylons come in to help fight the four battlestars.

If they CAN tie this season ender into the plot coherently they may just jump back over the shark, but I don't quite see how yet. :???:

Come on, if the five they've picked for this, and yes, I'm including Starbuck as the likely 5th, are cylons, then it makes no sense. If those five knew they were cylons a year ago, let alone two years ago, the human race would have been fucked. Ffs, you've got the three leaders of the resistance on New Caprica there!
Well, there are problems if you think it's just like that...

Tigh fought in the first Cylon War before there were supposedly any humanoid Cyloids. The Cylons seem at times both terrified of the Final Five and worshipful. I don't think you're going to be able to use the same definition of Cylon that you have been for the past three years...

These aren't sleeper agents a la Boomer. These are something else. Pretty sure that the 4/5 (I don't think Starbuck is a Cylon, honestly) don't even know what that is yet.

Tigh is a huge problem on multiple levels. Not least his age, history (recall the flashbacks of them being esentially put out to pasture and their careers resurrected by chance), how long he's known Adama. . . unless he's a replacement (i.e. the original Tigh was a human, replaced by a Cylon at some point) How do *those* 4 end up in those positions after many years in place? You've just beggared the odds. . .

And, sorry, provide me with your reasonable explanation for Starbuck's return that doesn't include her being the 5th cylon. . .

And, sorry, provide me with your reasonable explanation for Starbuck's return that doesn't include her being the 5th cylon. . .
The thirteenth tribe. How, I don't really know, but given the hints (Starbuck is extremely religious, the figurehead for Adama's ship was a Lord of Kobol, the symbol in the temple), I have serious doubts about her being a Cylon.

Plus, Leoben would have known that she's one of the final five, and that's not really knowledge he can have (see: Lucy Lawless).

She died when her viper exploded and joined the universal conscious, which was actually a huge networked storage system which consisted of all the memories of those who have lived or died. They felt that to ensure humanities continual survival that they have to send an agent back in time to intersede, and they chose Starbuck.

(Thank you Spider! ;) )

Tigh looks about 50 or couldve been made a 20-30 year old adult when he came into boot camp and as a sleeper and\or had false memories implanted as Boomer got... (other than one older they all seem about 30 ish) not to mention the creation of cylon ai couldve gone bad very quickly. And machine intelligence might have geometric abilities to improve so they went from robots to genetic engineering in a few years...

As for the ancient line of cylons theory maybe the plan does go far back as an ai as mentors of humanity playing god with occasional apocalyptic floods deemed necessary every once in a while. Maybe its darwinistic the 'best' or 'smartest' survive the apocalypse. Something the ai cant engineer artificially.

Such apocalypses would make it easy for Moore to rewrite mythos and history here... they destroy historical knowledge... humans are originally from earth not kobol and thus why earth was so far away vs the other 12 colonies... it was kept safe from us maybe? Eco story angle?

She died when her viper exploded and joined the universal conscious, which was actually a huge networked storage system which consisted of all the memories of those who have lived or died. They felt that to ensure humanities continual survival that they have to send an agent back in time to intersede, and they chose Starbuck.

(Thank you Spider! ;) )

Or Riverworld (Phillip Jose Farmer)?

Tigh looks about 50 or couldve been made a 20-30 year old adult when he came into boot camp and as a sleeper and\or had false memories implanted as Boomer got... (other than one older they all seem about 30 ish) not to mention the creation of cylon ai couldve gone bad very quickly. And machine intelligence might have geometric abilities to improve so they went from robots to genetic engineering in a few years...
He said, "I've been in the service for forty years." Adama has also known him since the first Cylon War.

Yeah, I'd guess him over 60 yrs . . . How do they arrange that Galactica survives, ffs? Out of all the Battlestars that went poof! that first day. . .

They knew the Galactica wouldn't be as affected by the network viral attack, that weighted the odds pretty insanely heavy in their favor of being the ones to survive if any did.

Tigh is a huge problem on multiple levels. Not least his age, history (recall the flashbacks of them being esentially put out to pasture and their careers resurrected by chance), how long he's known Adama. . . unless he's a replacement (i.e. the original Tigh was a human, replaced by a Cylon at some point) How do *those* 4 end up in those positions after many years in place? You've just beggared the odds. . .

Ya the age numbers are rounded. Lets say he went into the service in his teens... As for them all being there its either being replaced knowing where their careers would take them and everyone surrounding them being manipulated. Not a random thing. Maybe they had full lives among humans or cylon\humans, subconscious genetic memories leading them down a certain path. If the ancient theory holds up then maybe the arch cyclons are simply choosing who they want to survive. Maybe the tech is so far up there that the arch cylons hold mental links with anyone. Im not sure the final 5 are those arch cylons tho...

They knew the Galactica wouldn't be as affected by the network viral attack, that weighted the odds pretty insanely heavy in their favor of being the ones to survive if any did.

Hey, that's a little something to work with there, so nice. :smile:

But that presupposes some level of contact between "the five" and "Cylon central", doesn't it? And still isn't entirely an answer. There's no evidence that the rest of the Cylon fleet was ever ordered to take it easy on Galactica, and the odds were still incredibly against them. And, at the end of the day, to what end is the purpose of Galactica surviving with the Five on board to the Cylon's interest?

It seems pretty straight forward to be honest, it goes back to "This has all happened before and it will all happen again".

It all comes down to how you define a Cylon, I'd say everyone in the fleet is a Cylon to some degree. 'Humans' in their base form, may not have not existed for hundreds of thousands of years. What we're seeing is that the Colonials have somehow forgotten their origins.

The first batch of Cylons were originally created by humans long ways back, but the current Colonials were created by the last Cylon revision. They think they are 'human' (and what is human? created by god? lol) and have then gone on to create their own Cylons. Thus the whole exodus keeps repeating itself.

So in plain speaking the last Exodus from Kobol was caused when the new revision of Cylons (who we call the Colonials or 'humans') rebelled against their creators, or Gods, the last revision of Cylons. But that time the previous version was completely wiped out - why not this time?

Maybe these 'final five' are somehow special in that they can retrace their roots, or have some memory of their true origins?

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming here we are only dealing with clones and not every manner of genetic manipualtion concievable. Maybe they meant for Roslyn to get cancer so she'd get an infusion so some genes giving her visions at a given space and time...

Why would cylon central shy from any technology which we already know is pretty awesome (save oddly its military tech).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back