Motorstorm Online play

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but does everyone else find the Motorstorm Online play / lobby arrangement just *infuriating*?

No chat, no getting to watch the race thats currently in session, just waiting and waiting (Followed by a bit more waiting) until usually at the 4rth or 5th attempt, you can find a game thats about to start.

Dont get me wrong - the quality of the online play (once you finally get into it) is simply tremendous, but imho - this really needs addressing with some kind of patch / update as soon as.

Thoughts?
Ta.

I didnt play online myself, but maybe they will make some changes in upcoming DLC.
They announced Destruction Derby Arena mode! Hell yeah!

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but does everyone else find the Motorstorm Online play / lobby arrangement just *infuriating*?

No chat, no getting to watch the race thats currently in session, just waiting and waiting (Followed by a bit more waiting) until usually at the 4rth or 5th attempt, you can find a game thats about to start.

Dont get me wrong - the quality of the online play (once you finally get into it) is simply tremendous, but imho - this really needs addressing with some kind of patch / update as soon as.

Thoughts?
Ta.

i did the exact same complaint. i can't stand the songs already just from waiting on that lobby ! it's so....ARRGHHH i miss you pc online

Thoughts?
Ta.

I feel your pain. The actual quality of an online Motorstorm race is awesome.

It's just getting to that point, as you describe, which is quite correctly, infuriating. I don't think they could have made it any more so if they tried.

Motorstorm is screaming out for a matchmaking type ability, possibly with an option to let you specify what type of racing you want online (e.g. what vehicles do you prefer).

But yes, I've spent more times in lobbies, than playing online. If it wasn't sooooo good online, I wouldn't care.

How long do races take? I waited for one-two minutes, and was in. Seems to me it's all about finding a lobby that isn't full, then maximum waiting for the time it takes for one game to complete.

Of course, a way to talk to your friends could be good. I haven't setup a headset yet though so that's ok for me.

By the way, the game is what it was hyped up to be! I'm also playing it using motion control. Got used to it real quick, and I think I will stick with it.

Awesome, won my first race in a truck :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back