List the 100 most awesome people ever

weaksauce

Regular
This will be the official most awesome people list :smile:

I figured we name a hundred awesome people and why they are, and then somehow rank them, maybe through polls.

Ok, first one out: Neil Armstrong. He fucking conquered the moon. I like that. My biggest dream would be to go to mars, and stay there. I think that's awesome. :)
I'd go further, but I'm being realistic on what's possible during this lifetime. But we can say that it all started, with Neils step on the moon.

Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster: they created Superman. They made comics what it is today. Batman, Spider-man, and others were spawned to cash in on Superman mania. Supes is what started it all.

Some recents

Yuri Gagarin, for bravery.
Chruchill, for europe.
Ed Hillary, for bee keeping.
Nelson Mandela, for strength.
Peter jackson, for ambition.
Michael Collins, for best supporting role.

Ok, first one out: Neil Armstrong. He fucking conquered the moon. I like that. My biggest dream would be to go to mars, and stay there. I think that's awesome. :)
I'd go further, but I'm being realistic on what's possible during this lifetime. But we can say that it all started, with Neils step on the moon.
What the heck did Neil do that a trained monkey couldnt? ;) In all seriousness it started with the nerds over at NASA (and their predecessors). They deserve the credit.

epic

Aristotle
Leonardo da Vinci
Benjamin Franklin
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Nicholas Tesla
Thomas Jefferson
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Albert Einstein

Off the top of my head. :)

What the heck did Neil do that a trained monkey couldnt? ;)
true, in his defense though he did have to take control of craft when it was about to land (though not sure if this was only for show), but true the real dudes were the scientists back at nasa. nowadays u dont even need to land a 747 its all done by autopilot ( now why cant they have cars like this )

my nominations would include jimi hendrix, keith moon

That's a good list digi, though Aristotle was a little close minded and full of himself imo.

I'll throw in Ludwig van Beethoven in my list as well.

Sir Edward Dunlop.

Bitter iconoclast that I am, Sir Edward is one of the few people I could honestly say I admire. To rise above the barbarity of WW2 with such compassionate optimism is to say the least, inspirational. For all those claimng to be leaders, how many would you willingly follow into hell. He defines what it can mean to be human.

Babbage
Von Neuman
Liebniz
Godel
Darwin
James Maxwell
Planck
Hume

Edit: shocked nobody's mentioned Darwin yet. Shocked.

Back