New Crackdown Screens

Wow, i'm in love with the style. Lets hope the gameplay is as good as it looks. For some reason, this gets me excited for other cartoonish type games like a new ratchet and clank.

This game looks much better in videos than in screenshots.

I also how the frame rate looks so great in the videos.This is the 1st GTA-like game that runs at 60fps and that adds a lot esp. in the driving sections.

Thanks scoob. :)

I must say I'm liking these shots. If I'm honest a few people had mentioned Crackdown as a must buy for 2007 but I couldn't see the appeal. The gfx seemed like a odd place to stop between cel-shading/cartoony v "real". With these shots is seems they've moved ever so slightly further towards cartoony and the difference is amazing. Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me.

It's certainly getting better. The difference between the first (CGI) trailer and the first batch of screens was huge, but it's getting more subtle every time I look at it.

The art style makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
Might be fun to play though but I just can't stand looking at it.

How does it look like from a gameplay perspective?
Those screens are some pre-posed PR screens with funky close-up camera angles, right?

wow they came took a weird art direction, reminds me of scanner darkly. but the graphics have improved tremendously since inception.

slider said:
The gfx seemed like a odd place to stop between cel-shading/cartoony v "real"
According RW It's a graphic novel art style (per instance , hard-edged outlines for objects and characters).
How does it look like from a gameplay perspective?
Those screens are some pre-posed PR screens with funky close-up camera angles, right?
I think it is a gameplay perspective if you can rotate your camera in a 360 degree with the left stick.

According RW It's a graphic novel art style (per instance , hard-edged outlines for objects and characters).

Yeah, I understand that. Was just saying that I thought they hadn't got the balance quite right in all the previous shots I'd seen.

Lesson to you children, don't make up your mind on a game from early shots. :)

Cool, thanks again scooby.

Now I'm swinging back to my original complaints. They're all stylistic points: the city looks empty and I especially notice it when the dude's not blowing crap up and I'm still not sure on the animations. It reminds me a little of early black & white footage of footballers - all hurried and a little jerky. Still as I said before there's time before it lauches. If nothing else blowing crap up is always fun.

Wow, I'm back to looking forward to this game. Looks awesome.

I really like the art direction, it's just neat. I like how it's a GTA clone but with it's own style too. It's going to be like rampaging around blowing stuff up with superpowers.

Some of the graphics are just stunning, such as the night shots, and where he looks over the whole city. Just wow, very comic book feel.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thanks again scooby.

Now I'm swinging back to my original complaints. They're all stylistic points: the city looks empty

Hmm, are youi viewing the hidef version? It's a little tough to see all the pedestrians in the streaming version, but there's actually quite a few people all over the place, they just look like ants most of the time.

Whoa, that's pretty damn impressive. I really love the stuff at night and overlooking the entire city is just mind blowing, LOVE the art style.

I'd like to see the animations tweaked a bit, but that's the only complaint I have as far as graphics are concerned.

Man, I need to stop hanging out around here, I'm freaking comtemplating a Xbox 360 now!!!!!!

I'd like to see the animations tweaked a bit, but that's the only complaint I have as far as graphics are concerned.

The big question is gameplay. It could be just another clone of GTA, but if even reaches part of the potential it could be great. Specifically 3 groups of 7 syndicates, and where eliminating one crime lord means others backfill his presence could create a lot of strategy... COULD. I am doubtful, but a unique game like this you always hope for the best. As of right now the graphics serve their point and you either like it or don't. Interesting is what I would call it, but I am hoping the gameplay shines.

Back