Splinter Cell 5 is exclusive to the 360?

PSman

Banned
I heard that SC5 will be exclusive to the 360, is this true? Can anyone here confirmed this?

thanks

As far as next-gen "consoles" are concerned. It will probably end up on the PC.

It will probably end up on the other consoles as well. I'd guess it is more of a timed exclusive just like the first Splinter Cell.

Ah, thanks for the confirmation:D . I'm pretty surprise to be quiet honnest, since Ubisoft is a multi-platform developer, majority of the time.

Splinter Cell 5 will be exclusive to 360 for a while, but I'd bet that Wii will get its own new Splinter Cell game around the same time, just with a subtitle in place of the number 5 :) With PS3 getting a slightly upgraded Splinter Cell 5 several months later..

Splinter Cell 5 will be exclusive to 360 for a while, but I'd bet that Wii will get its own new Splinter Cell game around the same time, just with a subtitle in place of the number 5 :) With PS3 getting a slightly upgraded Splinter Cell 5 several months later..

Interesting... so whats the point of using the term exclusive?

If Ubisoft signed an exclusivity deal with MS for SC5, what you just said would be considered illegal.

That's nonsense. The first Splinter Cell was exclusive to Xbox and yet 6 months later it ended up on PS2 and GCN. There's something called "timed" exclusive (just like GTA was on PS2, for that matter). However, no spokesman ever says "timed" exclusive, they just say "exclusive".

he is just making assumptions, right now nothing has been said other that is exclusive to microsoft.

And we all know that what happens when you assume.;)

That's nonsense. The first Splinter Cell was exclusive to Xbox and yet 6 months later it ended up on PS2 and GCN. There's something called "timed" exclusive (just like GTA was on PS2, for that matter). However, no spokesman ever says "timed" exclusive, they just say "exclusive".

But since all we know is that it's "exclusive" there's no reason to question otherwise. I could see if it's been hinted at it only being timed exclusive, but it hasn't. So lets just take it for what it is for now.

That is why everybody thinks it's a "full" exclusive.

SC5 being exclusive to 360 is pretty big IMO.

Big news indeed for 360... they needed a few more exclusives and with BioShock as well being only on the 360 (for consoles) they are making their mark.

It's huge! SC5 exclusive to 360. I don't know why everyone is in denial about it...

Didn't SC start as an Xbox exclusive originally, and then appeared on PS2? I guess exclusive just doesn't really mean what it used to these days.

Back