Sonic demo on XBL

I don't think that in 2006 operating the camera in a platform game should take practice.

well sure it should... it adds to the replay value to become more proficient and elevate your expertise to higher and higher scores. The controls are certianly not clunky by any means, they are extrememly responsive and being a "FPaction scroller" is a tough way to play, period. At the speed of this game, it is fun to try and fail while getting better.

IMO, YMMV etc etc... ;)

edit: BTW, try not moving the right stick camera while running too much (only while standing still observing the world etc) as the auto camera does a pretty good job IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
downloading now... i'm curious what the fuzz is about

btw, i'm back on xbox360 board.. you can chit chat at hey69 also on live :cool:

You know they have like a hundered unmapped buttons on that controler, and use none to realign the camera :(. Don't even get me started on mapping rotation to the bumpers and not using the triggers. Speedwise it's nice, but the graphics just aren't that hot.

You know they have like a hundered unmapped buttons on that controler, and use none to realign the camera :(. Don't even get me started on mapping rotation to the bumpers and not using the triggers. Speedwise it's nice, but the graphics just aren't that hot.

there is a camera centering button but I now forget which one and I don't have the demo running ATM

Left trigger centers the camera, but it would be far better if I could use the right stick to move the camera myself.

Sucks just as bad as when I played it at E3. Even made the same mistakes and died in the same place. Repeatedly. To hell with this, I want Wildfi... Secret of the Rings.

Back