Heavenly Sword (wow)

As a thumb rule: if games run in 1080p (especially when achieving 60fps), then you would find that fact multiple times in every bit of information. :)

So, no, Heaveny Sword is just your everyday 720p 4xAA HDR game... ;)

720p at 30 fps, most have alot of eye candy.. which brings me to your myspace profile... wow, just WOW!

Haha yeah i do have very pretty friends :) And they don't run at 30fps, which is nice. They're all full-precision 128-bit HDR with 64xAA, all at 120fps! :LOL:

I'm not entirely sure how much effort PSM3 put in to their research, but in the latest magazine they indicate that Heavenly Sword is aiming for a December 2007 launch date. :(

I'm not entirely sure how much effort PSM3 put in to their research, but in the latest magazine they indicate that Heavenly Sword is aiming for a December 2007 launch date. :(

So that would mean it went from launch title to Q1 07, to Q3 to December 07...awesome. I really hope it isn't true.

A little more wanted noise...

Ninja Theory Keep Up The Good Work!! :D

PS3 development an 'interesting ride'
Developer tells of dev-adventure

26 january 2007

article by Luke Guttridge

Mike Ball, co-founder of developer Ninja Theory has described working on the PS3 console as an 'interesting ride'. His studio are presently working on the much anticipated Heavenly Sword for the new console, with the game due out later this year.

"The PS3 hardware is a bit like a journey into the Marianas trench," the executive told UK games website Eurogamer.net. "There's lots to explore and the deeper you get the more varied the life forms - sometimes horrific, sometimes beautiful."

He added that the new console's SPUs have so far exceeded expectations and his team have enjoyed the potential on offer from the new hardware. "Currently the machine offers a massive leap in gaming and multimedia performance," he added, stating that further potential will likely be uncovered as developer's get to grips with the new system.

An 'interesting ride' then, but one bursting with potential, according to Mike Ball. Now, where's Heavenly Sword? We want to start swinging our weapons.

I am starting to get very pissed about the gore stuff in HS, The game shows such a great art, such a leap in animation, such a great variety of moves, such a visual quality yet some tend to make so much fuss about GORE?? The game offers enough realism as it is, I mean...there are games that show blood and stuff but no other game expresses so realistically the pain of your enemies.

But people want ketchup to appreciate such a tremendous work?
:mad:

People should appreciate other stuff in games.

Seeing how much Mortal Kombat or GTA sells which lacks tremendously artistically, in gameplay, technically and animation, things present in HS I am very annoyied because people seem to appreciate guts, blood and violence more than anything with real substance and creativivity.

f**k blood!

Appreciate what you get for once

There are things that are worth it more than stupid gore. This isnt Mortal Kombat, GTA or Killer Instinct. Its different.

Its like bashing Hero or Babel because they dont have enough action and gore and praising generic Hollywood action movies because they have gore action and violence on top of a shallow script.

I love how one little post by babcat derrailed this thread into a discussion about blood and gore in games again. Stealth trolling at its best and we keep falling for it.

I love how one little post by babcat derrailed this thread into a discussion about blood and gore in games again. Stealth trolling at its best and we keep falling for it.

Which is basically my fault, TBH. I've been somewhat lenient in that regard in the past, but I this behaviour has gone beyond tolerable levels.

Anyway, I'd suggest this thread goes back on topic. There's a blood and gore thread from babcat where the other discussion can continue I'll move the posts as soon as I can.

I'm still waiting for them to actually show the game. Come on, what's going on?
Indifferent2.gif

I am starting to get very pissed about the gore stuff in HS, The game shows such a great art, such a leap in animation, such a great variety of moves, such a visual quality yet some tend to make so much fuss about GORE?? The game offers enough realism as it is, I mean...there are games that show blood and stuff but no other game expresses so realistically the pain of your enemies.

But people want ketchup to appreciate such a tremendous work?
:mad:

People should appreciate other stuff in games.

Seeing how much Mortal Kombat or GTA sells which lacks tremendously artistically, in gameplay, technically and animation, things present in HS I am very annoyied because people seem to appreciate guts, blood and violence more than anything with real substance and creativivity.

f**k blood!

Appreciate what you get for once

There are things that are worth it more than stupid gore. This isnt Mortal Kombat, GTA or Killer Instinct. Its different.

Its like bashing Hero or Babel because they dont have enough action and gore and praising generic Hollywood action movies because they have gore action and violence on top of a shallow script.

And sometimes you can have both of them ... God of War = Tremendous graphics, and bloody action (and a bit of sex too) but basically I agree with you, blood is over used as a fancy curtain to makes us forget the poor technical and graphical quality of a game.

Decided to give GameFly a shot and added HS to the queue. It showed up sat and I played through it on whatever the default difficulty is.

First of all, let me give credit to NT for making such a visually spectacular game. Nothing is particularly amazing but everything fits really well to give you a VERY top notch presentation. The audio is superb. The story and characters are quite cool and I was quite interested in it vs waiting to kill more like other action games.

There are quite a few flaws in the game however. Those amazing visuals came at a price of a stable frame rate and tearing. There is a lot of slowdown and tearing. It's not a game breaker but a lower res + higher frame rate would have been the right call here. I can only imagine how fluid it would be at 60fps.

The controls are a nice effort at something new but simply do not work. Ninja Gaiden is my reference for great combat controls for an action game. This is not. The addition of sixaxxis is not fun at any point. The controls really lend to button mashing and frankly it works out quite well. Just learn a block breaker or 2 and you're set. I rarely countered. It was easier to roll and mash. If you've played actions games before, you won't have any trouble with this.

Game lenght. It took me 6hours and 20 mins to beat the game start to finish. I think I died maybe 5times? Unless you love the gameplay and can't wait to do try new combat out, stick to renting it. However, it's a great little package and certainly warrants a playthrough.

My score is a 7/10. I certainly hope there is a HS2. I have to wonder a few things. How hard this NT try to please Sony and make a game that complimented their PR? The Sixaxxis emphasis seems to be added to really highlight the motion sensing ability but it simply does not work. Sure, you have to learn it and use it but it's just not any fun. The other part being a graphical showcase. I wonder if that was also done to match the PR statements of the PS3 being graphical powerhouse. Clearly the framerate suffers and tearing is a result of such an effort. Also, how much of that time prettying everything up could have been added to lenghten the game?

HS2 should do away with the "aftertouch" and goto a traditional control scheme. Target 60fps for the frame rate. Games like CoD4 and MGS4 have shown that you don't need to tick "HD" checkboxes for public acceptance of a good looking game thus don't feel like that has to be your goal. Extend the game lenght to atleast 10hours of actual gameplay. Do that and I'll happily buy HS2 to show my support. I'm sure others won't be far behind.

Woah ! Aftertouch and Kai's level are the only reasons I replayed HS. I thought it was novel and fun.

The same goes for my casual gamer friend. It's the main reason he was willing to give HS a try (after watching me play). He stayed away from Uncharted, CoD4, Resistance, etc. despite watching me played as well. The only other games he liked were MotorStorm and the Grid demo. In fact, he was really keen to drag his wife into the HS game too.

In any case, for people who dislike SIXAXIS, they can still use the analog sticks. *Please* continue to explore more variety of Aftertouch.

The controls are a nice effort at something new but simply do not work. Ninja Gaiden is my reference for great combat controls for an action game. This is not. The addition of sixaxxis is not fun at any point. The controls really lend to button mashing and frankly it works out quite well.

Try with harder level and see what button smashing does to you - pretty much nothing... Naturally it is not as deep as ninja gaiden but deep enough to be loads of fun once one learns the system and plays with high enough difficulty... Deeper fight system than for example god of wars. For me ninja gaidens over did it and I didn't really enjoy them at all. I guess that's the difference between fighting game casual/hardcore crowd, impossible to please everybody?

As for aftertouch, I hated it for the first few times but I grew to actually like it in the end.

The voice acting is truly amazing. I played some parts again(kai) just to hear how they had translated to my native language. I have to say that even the non english voice acting is top notch!

Back