NVIDIA's New Logo

Arun

Unknown.
Legend
In my purely subjective opinion, it's godawful. Not because of the color scheme, which is better than the old one, but because of the font. That's just... bad. It looks slightly better on the TWIMTBP logo, though. See www.nvidia.com for a complete lack of any mention whatsoever of this sudden change.

header_nvidia_0806.jpg

twimtbp_logo2.jpg
twimtbp_logo2.jpg
twimtbp_logo2.jpg

And the old one, for reference's sake, sorry only spot I could still find it on their website - TWIMTBP image from wikipedia:
top_left.jpg

Thewayitmenttobeplayed.jpg

Uttar

It does look a bit like something that would be knocked up by a fan, but I guess we'll all get used to it. Not exactly a massive change, it hardly seems worthwhile.

I would be able to give an opinion if I remembered what the old one looked like :oops: Probably gonna boil down to taste - I'm sure some people will love it or not care either way. I doubt most people would even notice.

Whoa, they ruined it! I thought the font was better on the previous logo and I liked the black on the outside of the eye type thing.

It's still too tacky for my tastes.

The whole "It's all about chrome!" thing is ugly as sin.
I mean, the next step left for these type of design is to add some flame paint jobs and then call it a day.

heh... have to agree with most ppl here, it's awful. Mainly because it's not much different from the old logo (which I wasn't overly fond of, but it had a style at least) -- they just took it and made everything nice and delicate/bold/striking about it and ruined it. It's like the jellybean versions of bland cars... The US-version Corolla hasn't looked great in decades, but it was particularly bad when it most resembled a Ford Taurus. ;p The only good thing I can say about it, is it now looks like something from Bonk's Adventure. :cool:

These colors typically imply that a brand really offers something "high-class, first-class, valuable", which is ok on it´s own, but if i´m thinking of NVIDIA as a company, it should be something more "innovative". Also, the way they did it (this simple and cheap 08/15 vertical gradient effect looks kinda boring to me) is just wrong, like the horizontal spacing of the font is, too.

(However, the black one that is actually integrated within the whole logo looks very good. )

The gradients and the embossing make it look quite amatuerish. The choice of typeface is questionable, but when integrated into the TWIMTBP logo, it's acceptable.

The font kind of looks like ATI's. :LOL:

I don't know how I feel about it yet, but I'm sure we'll all get used to it and love it eventually (or atleast feel the same way we did about the old one).

Quick question, is the new logo less evil or more evil?

Ahh, yes I certainly like the old one better. It had style to it and a bit of edge. The new one is really hurt by the text and the eye logo looks terrible in all green.

The old one had character... the new one is just boring corporate. Yay for being professional and using sans serif fonts. :(

I like the elegance of the previous font. This one looks like it was designed for drooling teenagers. Perhaps if they went for a more gothic block letter style it would have been better.

Now that Uttar has posted the original for comparison - I see no problem with the the new font. They're both ok.

i'm pretty indifferent on the new logo/font. it's not nearly as upsetting as ATi's newer logo. the old one was all hieroglyphic looking and badass, and the newer one is much more "my mom can read the letters ATi now".

Back