New God of War videos

mckmas8808 said:
I beat the game, but forgot what role he will play. Can you PM me the roll that he's playing in GoW2?

I thought the brother was going to be the main character in GoW2??

RavenFox said:
Do we have spoiler tags on this forum?

Finish the game [harder difficulty]and unlock the secrets and you will see his brother plays a big roll in the coming episodes

edit: eh guess not. :(
The usual fix is set the text colour to white, and a reader has to select it to make it viewable.

Edit although obviously that doesn't work in quotes with the darker background ;)

london-boy said:
Brother?? What brother??

Kratos had a brother, but he was weak and as spartans were warriors they threw the weak ones away, apparantely Kratos's brother is pissed about this(eventhough Kratos tried to protect him) and might want to teach his brother a lesson or two...

Maybe they'll make a spin off game about him, or maybe he's in GoW2 we'll see.

mckmas8808 said:
Wow surprised you knew nothing about this by the way you praise the game.

come on, mckmas, it's not like it's a story drivern title we're discussing here. my original reaction to ravenfox's post was too 'what brother?' though i have clearly beaten the game and unlocked all the relevant bonus materials to know what brother. people just don't remember such details that have close to nothing in relation to the actual game.

darkblu said:
come on, mckmas, it's not like it's a story drivern title we're discussing here.

I disagree, I think it's very much a story driven title, just because it's other aspects are really good too, doesn't mean that the story is not important. To me the story/presentation was the main thing with good gameplay backing it up. However I'm not surprised that others might see things in different light, as I usually focus heavily on the story...

darkblu said:
come on, mckmas, it's not like it's a story drivern title we're discussing here. my original reaction to ravenfox's post was too 'what brother?' though i have clearly beaten the game and unlocked all the relevant bonus materials to know what brother. people just don't remember such details that have close to nothing in relation to the actual game.

Well I was replying to London-Boy not you. But I also disagree with you about it not being story driven. Shhh.... to me it is a great story driven game. IMO of course.

ok, my bad. as we're talking of presonal perceptions and preferences, GOW may have been a story-dirven game to a part of its audience, i stand corrected. i hereby leave it to london-boy to step in and say whether that was the case for him : )

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad_Boy said:
Not sure, but I remember first time I beat it, it was around 7-8 hours on normal settings. IIRC Hard mode really wasnt a AI change in the game, the enemies just took off a lot more damage. I'm definately going to play GOW1 again before I start up GOW2, just to refresh.

I'll probably do the same for MGS1-3 before i start 4. :p

Anyways GOW1 was a perfect game (to me anyways: meaning there isnt really anything i would want changed), just some complained it may of been to short. But thats only because it was so damn good.

Thats good, i like "short" games cause many longer becomes like a 4hour+ movie, zzz.. ;)
Depending on genre of course.

Yeah I think GOW2 is supposed to be aimed around the same timeframe as the orginal GOW. Though I wouldnt mind for a 15hr game if there ever is a GOW3 lol, but I would understand if it's as short as the orginals due to development.

More is better, but too much can be a problem. ;)

Bad_Boy said:
Yeah I think GOW2 is supposed to be aimed around the same timeframe as the orginal GOW. Though I wouldnt mind for a 15hr game if there ever is a GOW3 lol, but I would understand if it's as short as the orginals due to development.

More is better, but too much can be a problem. ;)

Yeah the good thing about GoW is that every minute to me was fun and interesting. I for one love RE4 and MGS3 ALOT, but there are times where you are just walking around for 10-20 minutes at a time and not really doing anything.

In God of War every minute is well spent.

God of War 3 confirmed?

i thought i would post this here. we all knew it was coming, but it looks like its official.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6182430.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

GameSpot said:
In March, Sony Computer Entertainment America held a lavish launch party in San Francisco for God of War II. In the course of the celebrations, Cory Barlog, the game's outspoken director, dropped some none-too-subtle hints that the series would be coming to the PlayStation 3 along with force feedback.

"If we were to do a God of War III on the PS3," Barlog told the enthusiastic crowd. "We're excited about the potential--maybe, no commitment, no announcement or anything like that--to maybe have [God of War hero] Kratos in 1080p with the Sixaxis and vibration. Vibration is coming back to the PS3, that's pretty cool, huh?"

At the time of Barlog's outburst, SCEA reps would comment on neither a rumble-enabled Sixaxis nor God of War III coming to the PS3. Now, less than two months after the Dual Shock 3 was unveiled at the 2007 Tokyo Game Show, Sony has officially confirmed that God of War III is indeed in development exclusively for the PS3 at SCEA's Santa Monica studio. It provided no further details on the game.

same article mentions Cory Barlog leaving Santa Monica Studio so neither him nor Jaffe will be working on it. it'll be interesting how GoWIII turns out with the absence of them, and also considering its the first God of War on the PS3.

This was the news i've been waiting for and I should be jumping all over the place and in tears by now, but the absence of Barlog and Jaffe makes me skeptical and I hope this game doesnt end up bombing because its such a great franchise.

Edit: I know its premature to judge at this point, im just saying that the loss of two important people who have been hugely involved in the past 2 games is huge news. This is one of PS3's biggest IP's and im really hoping the team can pull through.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd definately want to hear more about the departure of Barlog...I'm sure there are plenty of talented people at Sony Santa Monica to quarantee a respectful sequel, but still it feels kind of weird to hear this sudden(?) part of ways. I wonder if Jaffe or Barlog are still going to give some input or not.

Other than that, this news is quite shallow. Everybody already knew it's coming. The only question was when and it's not answered here... Well here's hoping that they'll make PS3 work as hard in #3 as they made PS2 work in #2.

I think people put too much importance on individual personalities when it comes to video games. It's just easier to attach yourself to a single person than a whole studio I guess.

Also I think "designers" or idea men are much easier to come by than good engineers and artists. Anyone can come up with awesome idea. But executing on it is a different matter.

Not that he won't be missed. But I'm sure there are all kinds people dying to have a crack in that role.

^ I guess you have a point.

I've been reading user comments around the web and while there are some on skeptical mode (ala moi), many are just happy to finally add another title to their so called "investment".

Im not even hopeful for a Q4 08 release(delays ftl!). So Q1 '09 sounds about right :cry:

Also I think "designers" or idea men are much easier to come by than good engineers and artists. Anyone can come up with awesome idea. But executing on it is a different matter.

Not that he won't be missed. But I'm sure there are all kinds people dying to have a crack in that role.

Actually, he did a lot of hands on work such as some of Kratos' animations....

Back