New Warhawk news and video!

Shifty Geezer said:
2) No reflections! There's massive great captial ships and not the slightest hint of a darkening below. This to me really messes up the idea of the ships being over the sea. I'd like to see some blurry reflections to add substance.

To anwser #2, both the ships and clouds do.

I'll be picking this game up at launch, it sounds like alot of fun, it looks great too.

60fps?

Stillmatic said:
To anwser #2, both the ships and clouds do.

I'll be picking this game up at launch, it sounds like alot of fun, it looks great too.

I think lighting and shadow is amazing for this. Clouds look very beautiful in evening (?) screen shot with little bit transparent look. But I also think cloud is too small and low. Maybe they do this to show cloud technology. Also some texture like buildings and rocks is only ok. Like last gen I feel. Also there is not so much grass and only green texture. I think even old gen has games with good grass no? Maybe this has too much transparency need, I dont know. But if Warhawk game is 60fps that is very good for me.

ihamoitc2005 said:
I think lighting and shadow is amazing for this. Clouds look very beautiful in evening (?) screen shot with little bit transparent look. But I also think cloud is too small and low. Maybe they do this to show cloud technology. Also some texture like buildings and rocks is only ok. Like last gen I feel. Also there is not so much grass and only green texture. I think even old gen has games with good grass no? Maybe this has too much transparency need, I dont know. But if Warhawk game is 60fps that is very good for me.

60frames, nice HDR, 4xAA. Lovely retro and seamless world, cant ask for more. But i hope they can improve everything untill launch.

overclocked said:
60frames, nice HDR, 4xAA. Lovely retro and seamless world, cant ask for more. But i hope they can improve everything untill launch.

60 fps! HDR and 4xAA at the same time? That's one hell of an upgrade from E3. :smile: Faked HDR on the PS3 should yield some nice results.

I hope they add gigantic bosses such as the ones in the old strikers 1945 games, the one with several forms. Bosses along the lines of the super zepplins in Crimson Skies would also be nice. :devilish:

Proelite said:
60 fps! HDR and 4xAA at the same time? That's one hell of an upgrade from E3. :smile: Faked HDR on the PS3 should yield some nice results.
It allways was 60 fps hdr +4xAA.
BTW, what is faked Hdr ? What is real (non faked) HDR ?

I just watched the six background info videos linked in a previous post, this game looks totally BAD... ASS!

OMG, I've not seen anything as immediately impressive as this thing in years I think. I can't wait to get my evil PS3 tower and have it start pumping out some of these incredible imagees. Solid 60FPS... OMG, it looks smooth and sexy. :)

If the seamless world is true, well, even more badass. Crazy awesome stuff, can't wait until PS3 launch!

Now, if only there had been rumble in the controller. It's not any kind of a dealbreaker for me, but if immersion and Sony can work something out everybody would gain from it methinks.

Warhawk looks to be a total tour de force for PS3, I certainly am impressed as hell.

_phil_ said:
BTW, what is faked Hdr ? What is real (non faked) HDR ?

Some guys, typically fboys, call NAO32 "fake" HDR because it works different that FP16. Which is a very stupid behaviour if you ask me :rolleyes:

hupfinsgack said:
Some guys, typically fboys, call NAO32 "fake" HDR because it works different that FP16. Which is a very stupid behaviour if you ask me :rolleyes:

I was under the impression that only xenos and the x1900 series could produce 4xAA and HDR at the same times, whereas HDR on Nividia chipsets would have to be "faked", as stated by the Heavenly Sword developer. Again, I am just passing on what I read, correct me if I am run.

Proelite said:
I was under the impression that only xenos and the x1900 series could produce 4xAA and HDR at the same times, whereas HDR on Nividia chipsets would have to be "faked", as stated by the Heavenly Sword developer. Again, I am just passing on what I read, correct me if I am run.

It's all faked. HDR is just a matter of providing sufficient information about color/intensity so you can fake the effect that light actually has in real life. FP16 isn't "real" hdr, at least no more so than FP10 that 360 uses (in terms of what is considered HDR) or some alternate color space that can more efficiently hold the chrominance/luminance information, it just happens to be a commonly used format and ATI's newest cards support FP blending while Nvidia's don't yet. There isn't such a thing as "real" or "fake" hdr -- it's all fake... the only arguable point in regards to real and fake HDR would be some sort of arbitrary range that the storage format can hold (is FP16 the baseline for HDR? is FP32? is FP10 still HDR then? etc -- as long as it looks good that's all that really matters).

I suppose "real HDR" involves your eyes and looking at real-life objects and real-life lighting. ;)

MAN the pixel-shaders outside right now kick ass! :p

cthellis42 said:
I suppose "real HDR" involves your eyes and looking at real-life objects and real-life lighting. ;)

MAN the pixel-shaders outside right now kick ass! :p
And kick ass AA.Still ,i saw some shimering ,this morning while driving das autobahn ...

Proelite said:
I'd say NAO32 is more like real HDR than FPxx buffers. In the real world light is described accurately as wavelength (colour) and instensity. This is how NAO32 represents it. In FPxx buffers, you have artificial abstractions of intensity for 3 wavelengths. Of course, RGB space is a lot more convenient for some operations. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter techniques you use as long as it looks good. Raytracing is a lot more 'real' than scanline rasterizing, but it's much slower, so we also willingly choose the 'fake'. And when we do see realtime GI in games, it won't be 'real' tracing of light paths across multiple bounces from surfaces, but a 'fake' that approximates it enough to look good while being doable in realtime.

_phil_ said:
And kick ass AA.Still ,i saw some shimering ,this morning while driving das autobahn ...

Psah, reality doesn't need AA. It has atomic resolution and realtime lightreflections. You're confusing line interference with the ultimate heat-haze effect, no doubt.

Oh well, in the meantime we'll have to make do with these heavily underspecced virtual replacements for all those things most of us can't do (or can't afford) in real life. ;)

The game looks good, I'm not sold on the gameplay though, the battling on the ground seems fairly pointless and more of a throw in than anything.

The multiplayer looks like it could be an absolute blast in this game though.

Proelite said:

As people have already pointed out, it is just implemented differently. To call it "fake" is not only taking Nao's quotes out of context, but plainly just wrong.

overclocked said:
looking good ... I played the crap out of warhawk on PS.... what a great experience...

but do you have a link on the 60fps?
I thought it was 30 unless I'm confusing it with Motorstorm or Resistance which I know is 30.

Back