Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam Screens! (Wii)

Bad_Boy said:
nah, its a new one. the animations look spot on. graphics dont look bad either. i havent been this happy about a new tony hawk since ps1. music helps with the whole vibe also, even though i dont listen to that type of music. :p

its a great trailer

Well where can I find that video at?

Hey does anybody else here think that some future Tony Hawk game can use the PS3 gryos feature? I'm getting some good ideas in my head now.

mckmas8808 said:
Hey does anybody else here think that some future Tony Hawk game can use the PS3 gryos feature? I'm getting some good ideas in my head now.
I'm not sure, I'd have to see an example. What are your ideas?
I could see some cool impletation with the grinding balancing maybe. Maybe you could perform moves by holding a specific button, and moving the controller a specific way at the same time. Cant think of anything else, but im interested in what you have in mind.

btw, did you watch that hd trailer? if so, what did you think? :)

I have to say Project 8 looks so GooD!! The board animations are so perfect. I wonder if the board flips rotations are still key frame animated; Or of the board now uses real world physics. The animation looks like it is dead on the money - so either way I would not complain.

The way the board follows the movements of the skaters feet so much more realistic compared to previous TH games. How convincing the animation is really is the highlight of that trailer for me.

'm a pretty big THPS3 and THPS4 fan. The others I didn't really care for so much. They just kept making it more gimicky and less and less realistic. But this looks like they are right back on track in the right direction.

pc999 said:
I read somehere, probably not reliable, that a lot of fx still mising like bump map and lightning.

That's from the extended Downhill Jam interview with Paul Reiche at IGN. He says they'll be incorparating new effects they've never used before including bump mapping and specular highlights, so its definitely reliable.

Downhill Jam was the name of the Pheonix level in THPS1, arguably the worst Tony Hawk level ever.

The Hawk series has sucked for a while now and the last 2 titles have felt very rushed.

IMO, THPS1 was one of the best games ever made. THPS2 and THPS3 were just more of that awsomeness. THPS4 was crap compared to the first 3. It had crappy level design and the single player mission had you doing crap like riding in shopping carts.

THUG1 was actually a decent game. Not as Good as THPS1-3, but 10x better than THPS4. It had good level design and the transfers ability was great.

THUG2 was one of the worst games I've ever played. The worst level design out of any of the games in the series (and the new player models were terrible). This is a disgrace to the series.

THAW was also kinda crappy. All the extra moves they added over the years just made the game feel very bloated. The level design was only average.

What I want from a Tony Hawk game is THPS3 + transfers. That's it. Just keep that formula, add better visuals and more levels and I will keep buying the game for years. All the new tricks they add suck. I don't want to have to run up walls and do backflips. I want a skaing game, not a parkour game.

What makes a good Tony Hawk game is good skating, not that other crap they add. Keep the game simple and fun. This is 80% level design. If you have good levels with good lines then you will have a good game. They haven't concentrated on the levels since THPS3.

rashly said:
Downhill Jam was the name of the Pheonix level in THPS1, arguably the worst Tony Hawk level ever.

The Hawk series has sucked for a while now and the last 2 titles have felt very rushed.

IMO, THPS1 was one of the best games ever made. THPS2 and THPS3 were just more of that awsomeness. THPS4 was crap compared to the first 3. It had crappy level design and the single player mission had you doing crap like riding in shopping carts.

THUG1 was actually a decent game. Not as Good as THPS1-3, but 10x better than THPS4. It had good level design and the transfers ability was great.

THUG2 was one of the worst games I've ever played. The worst level design out of any of the games in the series (and the new player models were terrible). This is a disgrace to the series.

THAW was also kinda crappy. All the extra moves they added over the years just made the game feel very bloated. The level design was only average.

What I want from a Tony Hawk game is THPS3 + transfers. That's it. Just keep that formula, add better visuals and more levels and I will keep buying the game for years. All the new tricks they add suck. I don't want to have to run up walls and do backflips. I want a skaing game, not a parkour game.

What makes a good Tony Hawk game is good skating, not that other crap they add. Keep the game simple and fun. This is 80% level design. If you have good levels with good lines then you will have a good game. They haven't concentrated on the levels since THPS3.

So..have you watched the project 8 demo or....?

Yeah, it didn't really show any gameplay. It sure had nice visuals, but we'll have to wait and see how the game actual plays.

Back