Koei president: PS3 conference - March 15

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
http://bb.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/news/13128.html

At the press conference for "Shin Sangoku Muso (Dynasty Warriors) BB" PC MMO action game for Yahoo! BB ISP subscribers, the Koei president, Kiyoshi Komatsu, said "though we have nothing to announce for PS3 today, apparently SCE is going to hold its conference on 15th (March), so some information about PS3 will emerge there."

Last edited by a moderator:
I can well believe that Sony has tentatively scheduled this, but let's hope this doesn't get postponed again. I'll believe it's 'on' when press invites have been sent out (which should be happening very soon if it hasn't already?).

If it does happen, it should make that week a very good one for PS3 news (between that and GDC..though I think most would come out of Japan, and would probably set things up to allow Phil Harrison to talk a lot more openly about the system at GDC).

one said:

At the press conference for "Shin Sangoku Muso (Dynasty Warriors) BB" PC MMO action game for Yahoo! BB ISP subscribers, the Koei president, Kiyoshi Komatsu, said "though we have nothing to announce for PS3 today, apparently SCE is going to hold its conference on 15th (March), so some information about PS3 will emerge there."
Oh no! Not another one!

I've barely recovered from the "Feb Event"...and now this?

Oh well, here goes nothing! *crosses fingers again*

mrdarko said:
let's just hope we do get some news this time..........

*waits for funny reply from joe defuria*;)

Joe DeFuria is at the secret February event, meanwhile I am here to fill his position :LOL:

Ok, so would someone please be kind enough to give the dates of the known scheduled events where there is the possibility for new PS3 info to be given.

GDC? When?
Devstation Playstation? When?
Destination Playstation? When? Or was it already?
The February event? :D
The March event? When?
E3? When?

Titanio said:
I can well believe that Sony has tentatively scheduled this, but let's hope this doesn't get postponed again. I'll believe it's 'on' when press invites have been sent out (which should be happening very soon if it hasn't already?).

If it does happen, it should make that week a very good one for PS3 news (between that and GDC..though I think most would come out of Japan, and would probably set things up to allow Phil Harrison to talk a lot more openly about the system at GDC).

Isn't TTP press?

He says something is going down on March 15th, and that Guerrilla guy (Mothball?) on the forum said something about the third Thursday of the month in some stupid riddle.

Doesn't GDC start on the 17th? This is probably the do or die date for announcements if they intend to still launch in the spring. I still think it's delayed though. But if they do launch, I think they will hold off on pricing until E3.

GDC? When?= 22nd march?
Devstation Playstation? When?=1-2 march
Destination Playstation? When? Or was it already?=27 feb
The February event? :oops:
The March event? When?:???: 15th mar?
E3? When?9-12th may?

Shifty Geezer said:
I'd assume this is the Feb event.

I'd imagine it won't the Feb event as it was expected to be..well before February. As in a public exhibition. I'm thinking more like a press event/conference. Which would be more than welcome.

I believe GDC starts on the 20th though Phil's keynote is on the 22nd.

Frankly, I would just be happy to get a few crumbs of info in the next 2 weeks.

Since E3 last year, we have barely gotten that.

You guys crack me up. :)

Now, to be serious here....this is the quote:

"...though we have nothing to announce for PS3 today, apparently SCE is going to hold its conference on 15th (March), so some information about PS3 will emerge there."

It did not say "PS3 conference." This is "SCE's conference". What exactly is this...is this an annual SCE conference that happens every year, or what?

Personally, I'm not expecting to hear anything concrete until E3. (Though some rumors may come out of GDC) In fact, I'm expecting PS3 to "officially launch" at E3...launch meaning that Sony will announce the "expected" ship date and pricing sometime for the fall. Then, Sony will say "we did launch in spring just as we said we would...we never said 'product on the shelves...' "

At least March 15th is less than a week away...so you guys won't have too much time to get your hopes up about it. It'll be over soon. :)

Joe DeFuria said:
It did not say "PS3 conference." This is "SCE's conference". What exactly is this...is this an annual SCE conference that happens every year, or what?
No regular SCE events were held in March AFAIK (Playstation Meeting is in July every year).

To clarify the original text a bit more, the Koei president used the word "happyou-kai" which almost literally corresponds to "announcement/unveiling event" but I respected the word "conference" which was used by SCE back in Playstation Meeting 2005.

one said:
To clarify the original text a bit more, the Koei president used the word "happyou-kai" which almost literally corresponds to "announcement/unveiling event" but I respected the word "conference" which was used by SCE back in Playstation Meeting 2005.

Yeah, that corresponds with IGN's translation:

"It seems that SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) will have an announcement conference on the 15th, so perhaps some details relating to the PS3 will be released there."

Maybe this was something they planned on doing back in February, but had to push it back a couple of weeks because they are a little behind schedule :devilish:

Eh, but seriously though, whatever it is, I'm not expecting much.

one said:

Bullshit! I believe it when I see it.

*Disclaimer: I'm not calling you a bullshitter "one" just that I don't think this news will be correct.

Edited: Okay I change my mind I think it may actually happen because of this news someone posted on another forum.

Some more food for thought: the "A glimpse of the Future" PS2 tech expo in Japan was in early March 1999.....a couple weeks later, western people got their first chance to see those same demos first hand @ GDC 1999 in San Jose

Last edited by a moderator:
Back