Things that annoy you in general(RANT)

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
The people making posts in the gaming forum making claims that TES:O is a good game.
It isn't a good game. It's a crap game. It's a boring game. It's not worth wasting your time with it.

When game companies come out with good games then I will make a thread about them in the games forum, until then I wish people will stop calling all these games good because none of them are any good.
The skill of game developers these days are atrocious. There is no skill, only regurgitation.

K.I.L.E.R said:
The people making posts in the gaming forum making claims that TES:O is a good game.
It isn't a good game. It's a crap game. It's a boring game. It's not worth wasting your time with it.

When game companies come out with good games then I will make a thread about them in the games forum, until then I wish people will stop calling all these games good because none of them are any good.
The skill of game developers these days are atrocious. There is no skill, only regurgitation.
Quoted
For
Truth

What's TES:O though?

Edit: I should rant about something so I'll say that I'm pissed about how many reputation points I've lost because of obvious actually not that bad jokes. You guys have no soul dammit!

The Elder Scrolls Oblivion

K.I.L.E.R said:

You have a point where the game isn't even out yet, so technically an opinion of the game couldn't be formed...

er... well, one thing that annoys me is when people try to impose opinions on others just because they don't agree, especially with opinions regarding a product or company. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry couldn't help but rant over TES:O.

Morrowind was supposed to be good. I found it to be really bad.
Why?

K.I.L.E.R said:
Sorry couldn't help but rant over TES:O.

Morrowind was supposed to be good. I found it to be really bad.
Why?

So you don't like that stlye of RPGs... Many people obviously do however, you don't get a game-of-the-year award for making a crap game (usually.)

Just like some people can't stand racing games. I like em. So do many others... Ditto FPS's. etc.

I agree fully with the sentiment of the OP. Games have really (REALLY!) gone down the toilet. It's not just me thinking so, having "evolved" from a easy-going fun-loving guy to an old boring grumpy old man. It's everywhere: in music, in movies, and, of course, in games. It's all been commercialized to the point that it is now all science and no art. You could derive the same amount of entertainment from observing a slow growing mold in a laboratory experiment.

I have really noticed this decline in gaming lately. You can tell that hours and hours have been slaved away to get the graphics right, but it seems nobody ever puts the breaks on and asks the questions "is the story compelling enough to warrant such detailed graphics?" and if they do it seems the answer is "the graphics make up for the lack of an absorbing story, you fool!"

As I stated above, the same can be said for music. It's all the same (almost...there are always the exceptions to prove the rule). If you weren't told who a song is by (performed by, really, and most likely written by a person or team of people you never heard about) could you tell who it is? Would you even care?

Movies? Just a bunch of special effects and carefully placed and promoted actors who are there mainly due to their looks and prior investment. I cannot tell you how happy I am whenever I watch a movie and see one performer shine through the muck and remind me that there are still people who are willing to give something. That's right. Acting, singing, and other arts are about giving the observer something. It's not about asking for $20M per performance because you have a name people recognize. This is why we pay for art, because we get something back.

Today it's all smoke and mirrors...and some grumpy old men in offices lining up numbers in columns with no attachment to reality.

Games are all you can rant about? Get a life, guys! ;)

There are many things I'd like to rant about, like politicians, religions etc., but I won't even start since it would fill three pages at least...

_xxx_ said:
Games are all you can rant about? Get a life, guys! ;)

There are many things I'd like to rant about, like politicians, religions etc., but I won't even start since it would fill three pages at least...
Go ahead, just nothing too disturbing please.

Back