I cannot believe this!!

Alstrong said:
I haven't had a new blade since last July.... still works fine. I use them until the little green pad thing at the top falls off.

...is that bad?

I find those newer blades packed closely together give a great shave once or twice, but then they get clogged up very quickly, whereas the older style ones could be washed out. If you're very dark, or can only be bothered to shave every few days, newer style blades actually need to be thrown away more often - what a surprise.

I have to shave once a week. Can't grow facial hair to save my life. And even then, my facial hair looks roughly approximate to a 5 o'clock shadow. So sad. :cry:

I want a goattee so badly. I think they're hot :)

wonder how expensive these will be...

nothing beats a good barber shave the old school way

london-boy said:
They did it! They actually did it!

A razor with FIVE blades!!! :LOL:

When the first 3-blade razor came out, it was fabulous, but people started making jokes about "imagine if they keep adding a blade, eventually we'll have bloody 8-blade razors!"...

And... They did it! I don't know whether to laugh or buy one... I mean... 3 was good, 4 was a bit funny... 5 is just ridiculous...

http://www.gillettefusion.com/us/
Agreed. But...

GREAT ad!

Cause eletric razors don't give anywhere near the performance/result. If they work for you and you are happy that's great but they don't for me and quite a few people I know. It's closer to probably 3/4 of those I have discussed would say that blades are better. Even with the extra hassle.

When I go electric for the 1st pass, or 2nd if I've had to get the hedge trimmers out, I use sorbolene cream with the razor rather that any spray pack "shave cream" or any tube stuff with coconut oil or other cool additive. Much better for the skin.

I noticed on my face that when I used the 4 bladed razors I got way more razor burn and ingrown hairs. The 3 bladed razors do my face just fine.

hey69 said:
i cant shave electric. my beard doesnt accept it (or my skin :) ) seriously...

Me neither, I get rashes and my skin gets flaky when I use electric shavers. Maybe it's because regular blades also shave the dead skin off anyway. :p

_xxx_ said:
The little green thing is meant to show you it's time for a new blade, though not when it falls off but when the green stuff is weared off and only white remains.

ooo...... :oops:

Thanks for the info :)

It's absolutely impossible for me to even use a regular razor of any kind when I have more than a little stubble. It just doesn't "take", it gets snagged and it feels like I'm trying to pull out a bunch of hair by the roots(shaving cream or no shaving cream). I just use a mechanical shaver with a plastic standoff/comb attachment set at about a centimeter and let it rip. 5 blades sounds like a nightmare as it just has a lot more surface on which to snag hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back