is DX 9.1 emerging?

DOOM III

Newcomer
i think all of you guys have read the news of r350 mass production on the inquirer. it said r350 claims the support of DX 9.1. according to what i know,there has not been any official realease of DX9.1. do you know anything detailed about this upcoming API? :oops:

DOOM III said:
i think all of you guys have read the news of r350 mass production on the inquirer. it said r350 claims the support of DX 9.1. according to what i know,there has not been any official realease of DX9.1. do you know anything detailed about this upcoming API? :oops:

What could it possibly have over DX9 specs? :?:

Mulciber said:
DOOM III said:

He means P&V Shaders 3.0, but those are already in DX9.0.

Nebuchadnezzar said:
Mulciber said:
DOOM III said:

thats exactly my point ;)

Mulciber said:
Nebuchadnezzar said:
Mulciber said:
DOOM III said:

thats exactly my point ;)

Not evrybody knows that ;)

K.I.L.E.R said:
Have any recent evidence of PS 3.0 in DX 9.0? :)

In the SDK they describe PS1.x, PS2.0, PS2.0 extended, and PS3.0. And also VS1.x,VS2.0,VS2.0 extended, and VS3.0.

So it's all there already, there's just nothing to version 3 until the R350 arrives.

DirectX 9.1 will be a SDK update only, offering an updated version of the HLSL compiler and documentation updates.

Back