God of War PAL pro-scan?

Guden Oden said:
Germans, definitely. They're nuts over there about violence in computer games. All the humans (if you want to call them that) in Turok got replaced with robots, which really is quite strange, since when do robots build little wood and straw huts for themselves to live in?

Also, I really doubt GoW PAL is slower than the NTSC version. 3D games generally do not synch to the vblank rate anymore, and if GoW really did run 20% faster, it would be near unplayable for most people considering the PAL version really is quite fast already.
Yeah i can confirm that vsync is definately OFF in GOW, which is not really a problem.

Kinda offtopic but Sony shafting us Euro gamers was one reason to me to get a x360.. time will tell if I just get shafted different way :)

Sony shafting PAL's..
- usually long delays to release PAL version
- usually dropping progressive output
- usually dropping net play

Oh, Transformers game offered progressive output but IMO it just corrupted whole screen, do they test these games anymore :D

london-boy said:
Yeah i might just trade it for something else (RE4? it does have pro scan in the PAL version!) and then import GOW NTSC.

I'm so STUPID! Especially after the great service i got from Link Sang, i got SOTC about a week after ordering, which is quite good considering where they are. And CHEAP!
I'm not sure if the PS2 PAL RE4 has progressive scan, it does have PAL 50/60HZ and 16:9 options, but at least in the options menu there isn't an option for progressive, maybe it's activateable by pressing some button in bootup.

Anyway, I do recommend getting RE4, it's very very very good, very tense game with some amazing graphics. IMO could be among top 5 of PS2 games EVER!
Good they brought it to PS2, it really does deserve a bigger audience than it would have got had it remained on GCN.

london-boy said:
I just got God of War PAL, but even pressing the X and TRIANGLE doesn't give me the option for Progressive-scan. Is pro-scan only on the US version and not in the PAL version? Once again Euro gamers getting the shaft - and not in a good sense? :rolleyes:

What i have come to know is that unlike American games, our UK versions have the "PROG-SCAN" option in the actual options screen. Were as in America you have to hold down buttons at start up. Look for it in the options menu, if its not there its not suported.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
What i have come to know is that unlike American games, our UK versions have the "PROG-SCAN" option in the actual options screen. Were as in America you have to hold down buttons at start up. Look for it in the options menu, if its not there its not suported.

Nah, US games also have the option in the options screen (SOTC). It really depends on the game, some like Tekken have the option before booting up, some like Jak and most first party Sony games have it in the Options screen.

I think the problem with GOW is that it uses pre-rendered videos - also explains the lack of 60Hz option as they'd have had to put 2 versions of the same videos - or do some work - or leave the 60Hz and pro-scan option out. And wonder which one they chose!!

Anyway, just a quick update. I tried Jak3 and on my new Sammy HDTV it looks pretty much the same whether i run it in pro-scan or not. So i'm not too bothered with GOW not having the option, on my new HDTV there are no interlacing artifacts so i guess having the option wouldn't change much.

Back