Half-Life Remake for Source: Black Mesa Source

I've been waiting so long for this, and I'm guessing I'll be waiting a whole lot longer until they are finished. Hopefully we'll get something that's playable in the next few months, like maybe the first level or something.

God this looks so much better than HL: Source

Oh, awesome! Question though, is this an official release or a third party mod? I mean, that alone could be the deal breaker.

Oh, awesome! Question though, is this an official release or a third party mod? I mean, that alone could be the deal breaker.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/
Introduction
Black Mesa (formerly Black Mesa: Source) is a Half-Life 2 total conversion remaking VALVe Software's award-winning PC game, Half-Life. Utilizing the Source engine, Black Mesa will reintroduce the player as Doctor Gordon Freeman, along with the original cast of memorable characters and environments seen in Half-Life. Black Mesa was built and founded on the basis that Half-Life: Source was inadequate as the Source engine port of Half-Life, regardless of the intentions of VALVe Software. As such, Black Mesa was founded to fully reconstruct the Half-Life universe utilizing Source to its fullest potential in terms of art detail, level sizes and code features. This total conversion will not require Half-Life: Source to play - only legitimate copies of Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source on Steam.
It is a third party mod.

wow this rocks. hl1 is still my favorite game ever. A remake with better gfx would be freakin awsome. But wont valve put them down because of legal reasons? alot of mods based on existing franchise seem to go down because of legal actions.

This is cute and all, but things like this get quite boring after awhile. The creativity factor is just so much lower than a new mod. Of course this happens all the time when things are released though so it isn't unusual.

I really hope this gets completed, I never played HL1 & a brief play of HL:Source sufficiently put me off trying to play through that.

I guess one ought to be very surprised if they actually manage to finish this project...

The amount of work to remake all those HL levels with the detail level seen here has to be absolutely stupendous.

And that's if Valve isn't putting an end to their efforts. personally I feel these guys ought to get hired/paid to finish it coz thesepics look great. if a bit too dark.

Damn why do PC shooter games have to be so danged DARK?

Peace.

I think HL1 would be an excellent choice for a Comedy movie about...well it.

It would be a live action movie depicting an actual playthrough of the game. actual game dialog only. and all movements done just like ingame.

well maybe some game with really dumb AI would be better ('NPCs' stuck on crates or walking in walls), but i thought of HL1 first.

view would be FPS...not sure how to cut/edit it down to a couple hours though.

it would be campy.

The mod appeared on a Steam Update after I got done playing some CS:S, so I assume it has full Valve support as far as legal goes. The Update mentioned how the Valve team was looking forward to it, so hopefully the mod team has the determination and this gets done, I'm really looking forward to it.

I think HL1 would be an excellent choice for a Comedy movie about...well it.

It would be a live action movie depicting an actual playthrough of the game. actual game dialog only. and all movements done just like ingame.

well maybe some game with really dumb AI would be better ('NPCs' stuck on crates or walking in walls), but i thought of HL1 first.

view would be FPS...not sure how to cut/edit it down to a couple hours though.

it would be campy.

dear god no.

Back