Half-Life Remake for Source: Black Mesa Source

WOW!!!! My expectations of this mod have completely changed after seeing that trailer. Looks like Valve themselves made it. I can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweeeeeet. Im sure this is going to be great, big thumbs up to those guys. Making a 12+ hour game that looks like this? These guys must have spend massive amounts of their free time into this and all for free. This is one of those things that I actually wouldnt mind paying money for. Anyway, the site mentions 2009, lets hope its not the end of 2009.

It's amazing how they managed to revamp the game so much, while keeping it recognisable. Gimme, gimme, gimme!

I'm really, really impressed. And that doesn't happen very often these days. Valve should offer these guys a job.

I'm really, really impressed. And that doesn't happen very often these days. Valve should offer these guys a job.

Surely the ultimate goal of the project is to get a solid foot into the game industry. The trailer certainly looks awesome and the project has been in the works for ever now (look at the date on the first post!). It's pretty impressive that it's stuck together for this long. I hope by 2009 they mean January 1st. :)

last time i asked (recently (weeks ago) on another board) all i got was "when it's done", but there are some recent screenshots released now.

This and "They Hunger: Lost Souls" need to get their asses in gear and release already. What are they waiting for, anyway?

Grrrr, I really can't wait for this to come out. Jonsing for HL1. One of the best games ever made.

Hopefully they recreate it without ruining it. :)

Regards,
SB

I don't understand why Valve isn't funding these guys and lending some art/coding power so that the project can be completed anytime this decade... The screens I've seen so far (all of them over a year old by now though) look so yummy, surely Valve can see the value in lending some official support?

I mean, they got cash oozing out their ears anyway, so why not do it? :p

I have a feeling Valve have for the most part abandoned the PC other than Steam and porting games from console.

Regards,
SB

Would that probably explain the fact that no more new Half Life episodes have come out in eons and from what the interviews I have read they are not even looking at that series any more at the moment...argh consoles should just die.

Well, he DID work as a high-level exec at microsoft at one point from what I've read, but what about him (other than his voluminous waistline) makes him a giant liar?

Back