Weee!

MPI

Newcomer
OMFG, you haven't known broadband until you've tried 100Mbps... :cool:

But seriously, this is almost ridiculous. I was pretty content with 10/10 already, now piping down stuff at 70Mbps is almost overkill. ;)

Not for me to complain, they upgraded to 100/10 without extra charge @~$40/mo, what more can you ask for? Muhaha! :devilish:

And to think that I have 256 kbps and I am few of lucky ones here who has such "fast" connection.....;)

Deepak said:
And to think that I have 256 kbps and I am few of lucky ones here who has such "fast" connection.....;)
Hey, I have one of those too...I just prefer my 6Mb connection so I let the family share the 256kbps one. ;)

Scott_Arm said:
With stuff like this comin' down the pipe , I hope to enjoy some really high speed internet at home, some time soon. If it ends up bein' available where I live, I think I should get it free because I work at Alcatel ;)

http://www.alcatel.com/tripleplay/sbclightspeedmilestone.jhtml

Coming down the pipe? Teh old, ffs! ;)

I've had the option for 'triple play' for over a year. IP-telephony was launched 2-3 years ago, and IPTV last year. IPTV took about 5Mbps of bandwidth, though, so it effectively cut the downstream in half on the 10/10 connection. With 100/10, it won't be noticable. Yay! :)

However, I don't like their pricing nor choice of network(crappy-ass viasat). I'm hoping they release some sort of on demand TiVO-style service, but for all TV programming, not just movies like they have now. Set a reasonable price on it(max 25 bux/mo or something) and I'd be all over it...

MPI said:
Coming down the pipe? Teh old, ffs! ;)

I've had the option for 'triple play' for over a year. IP-telephony was launched 2-3 years ago, and IPTV last year. IPTV took about 5Mbps of bandwidth, though, so it effectively cut the downstream in half on the 10/10 connection. With 100/10, it won't be noticable. Yay! :)

However, I don't like their pricing nor choice of network(crappy-ass viasat). I'm hoping they release some sort of on demand TiVO-style service, but for all TV programming, not just movies like they have now. Set a reasonable price on it(max 25 bux/mo or something) and I'd be all over it...

Yah, it's all been around a while. I could get my phone, tv and internet all from Rogers, if I wanted.

<crys> all we got round here is 2mbit ADSL but in general that is pretty super compared to the 128kbit or less that most people have been saddled with in this country for years.
Company I work for has recently doubled design speed for our wireless broadband but its only free for some customers on the more pricey end.

The only problem with 100 Mbit connections is that you'll tear your eyes out if you for some reason have to (ab)use anything slower. After having 100/100 some 2-3 years ago and then downgrading to 10/10 after I had to move was unbearable, and I'm still suffering mental instability from it.

384/384...... that's kbps. Crap SBC DSL, I dont even want to mess with them anymore. I'm pretty much contect I guess, I dont download an insane amount of stuff, and the speed doesnt effect my gameing compared to when I've played on faster connections.

Back