Richard Pryor, RIP

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
For my money, one of the funniest men ever. "Silver Streak" with Gene Wilder is still a favorite of mine.

"Man, why do all you whiteys have such tight asses?"

Owned all his albums too. Funny, funny man.

I loved Silver Streak. Saw it at the drive-ins back in '79 after Star Wars (and the first Empire Strikes Back preview).

Not too huge a Pryor fan, though I'm not a 'big' fan of any comedians.

I do not see anything so great about a man who constantly spread filth around....but none the less I hope his family is comforted in their time of need......

YeuEmMaiMai said:
I do not see anything so great about a man who constantly spread filth around....but none the less I hope his family is comforted in their time of need......
Ok god boy.

lol ^

saw a bit of a tv news eulogy. Some funny stuff he did with Gene Wilder. They only showed Stir Crazy from the films but I think I remember Silver Streak if that's the one where the train ends up ploughing through the terminal with those two playing the leads.
They said he grew up in his Grandmothers whore house :oops: that's ahh ... quite an upbringing! If that's the case he really was cream to rise to the top like he did.

IgnorancePersonified said:
lol ^

saw a bit of a tv news eulogy. Some funny stuff he did with Gene Wilder. They only showed Stir Crazy from the films but I think I remember Silver Streak if that's the one where the train ends up ploughing through the terminal with those two playing the leads.
They said he grew up in his Grandmothers whore house :oops: that's ahh ... quite an upbringing! If that's the case he really was cream to rise to the top like he did.
Gotta love homer:D

YeuEmMaiMai said:
I do not see anything so great about a man who constantly spread filth around....

He brought laughter and happiness to many people (those of us who don't have root vegetables shoved up our rectum). Is it wrong to spread happiness?

IgnorancePersonified said:
lol ^

That are it! It's out on DVD WS --tell all your friends. :smile:

YeuEmMaiMai said:

Filth you say? Why, just because he used the f-word a lot? If you do not sure of the kind of life a man has had and the circumstances in which have shaped them into what they are I would not be inclined to say anything about the man when they have just died.

From the tone of your message you seem to be a christian of sorts, but I am trying to figure out what kind since it seems that you have personally passed judgement which is something I am sure the lord specifically states one should not do.

I personally prey that Richard is now at peace and I find comfort that he is no longer trapped in a body that began dying on him decades ago. RIP.

BTW, Richard was the master at turning the darkest pain into very deep comedy. The sad thing is that a lot of Richard's best comedy came from very tragic events in his own life.

Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder made for a great duo, but, strangely, my favorite movie with Richard Pryor is Moving.

"I gave the man the wrong finger!!!" :oops:

I have missed him and his antics for a long time and now I will have to miss them even longer. :cry: Rest in peace Richard and thanks for cracking me up.

I fondly remember as a kid sitting with my old man watching Silver Streak, Stir Crazy and Live on Sunset Strip. We would watch them all of the time.

However the one thing I really remember of Richard is the skit he did with Lily Tomlin in 1973 that had them actually kiss.

Oh and who can forget Blazing Saddles in which he co-wrote

Anvil said:
Filth you say? Why, just because he used the f-word a lot? If you do not sure of the kind of life a man has had and the circumstances in which have shaped them into what they are I would not be inclined to say anything about the man when they have just died.

From the tone of your message you seem to be a christian of sorts, but I am trying to figure out what kind since it seems that you have personally passed judgement which is something I am sure the lord specifically states one should not do.

I personally prey that Richard is now at peace and I find comfort that he is no longer trapped in a body that began dying on him decades ago. RIP.

BTW, Richard was the master at turning the darkest pain into very deep comedy. The sad thing is that a lot of Richard's best comedy came from very tragic events in his own life.
Yup he's a christian..
Just not sure which kind:D
As you said he passes judgement on everyone.

Anvil said:

I thought there was a blazing sadlles connection! that explains all the anti-racist jokes like the "camp town race track" songs. "The sherrif is a ni<dong>er!"

Hahah looks like I'm down the vid shop then.

Anvil said:
OMG, he did??????! Whoah! Blazing Saddles is arguably one of the funniest movies ever made.

I never did like Pryor's type of humor much, but this piece of news puts him in a whole new light. :D

Back