Qualified to be a UK citizen?

7/14 and most of them were lucky guesses.

I can't believe "are you a member of a terrorist organisation?" isn't in there.

You got 10 right!
0-5: Seat in Heathrow arrivals.... 6-10: Seat on the district council......11-13: Seat in Parliament.....14: Seat on the throne

3 right...I got the Magna Carta, The Saints Holidays and another one (I forgot already, damnit). I can't believe I got the Saints Hoolidays one right..that one caught me off guard.

Damn! 12 right. I really, really don't want to be a british MP... ;) Missed the saints, and the lawyer question.

6 points.

Question 13: What's the minimum time you must have been married before you can divorce?
Seriously wtf? Why is there a minimum time?

Also, what's the purpose of these kinds of test? It just strikes me as nationalistic.

I beat you by 2 points. NA NA NA NA NA! :LOL:
I picked 2 years for that question because that's the timeframe here in Australia and because I used to be an English convict back in late 1800's- early 1900's.

Humus said:
6 points.

Question 13: What's the minimum time you must have been married before you can divorce?

Also, what's the purpose of these kinds of test? It just strikes me as nationalistic.

Humus said:
Err. There is a minimum time in Sweden as well (the reconsideration period). The only exception is when both spouses agree to divorce and neither spouse have custody of a child below the age of 16.

(Edit: Why do I know such things?!)

Humus said:
Also, what's the purpose of these kinds of test? It just strikes me as nationalistic.[/COLOR]

IIRC, that's not an actual test - it's just a journalist's guess based on what's in the booklet.

I think I scored 8 BTW.

hupfinsgack said:
10/14
Does that mean that I am British? :LOL:

I dunno why but I think most Englishmen wouldn't score very good, the foreigners are usually better at these tests from what I've seen in Germany...

That's absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!

The test is "according to the book Life in the UK". Obviously if someone reads a bloody book and does a test based on it, he will pass the test unless he's stupid!

That has nothing to do with "being british", it just means that the person can read and memorise very stupid things in a book - reading comprehension at school - the last question for example, "we should find out how much they charge" is completely irrelevant to "being british", it's just a joke in the book, anyone with a brain would first ask if the lawyer is qualified in the area of law that concerns you.

I got 8 right, i'm not british, i haven't read the book, and just the fact that 4 or 5 questions out of 14 were about pubs and beer, and 2 were about Father Christmas makes you wonder who wrote this idiotic test.

(ok i'm in a bad mood today, but the whole thing is fucking ridiculous)

Back