PSM says Tekken Tag 2 will be a PS3 launch title

"Back at E3, Namco revealed that they were working on a new Tekken game for PS3. While it would seem pretty much a given that this would be Tekken 6, I've also heard through the developer grapevine that it will, in fact, be a PS3-only-follow-up to Tekken Tag Tournament and will launch alongside the system in Japan and the U.S. We'll definitely keep you keyed in as we hear more!"

You can take with a grain of salt, but it would be amazing if true. I really wouldn't surprise me either. Why don't they just show the game's development so far?

kinda makes sense. they never called it tekken 6 at e3, they just called it tekken and everyone assumed it was tekken 6. and tekken tag was a launch title for ps2.

i do wish we could have more media of the devlopment too.

Which reminds me, we keep comparing the end of gen games to the beginning of next gen games.

We need to be comparing first gen games to first gen next gen games. e.g. TTT1 to TTT2.

Acert93 said:
Which reminds me, we keep comparing the end of gen games to the beginning of next gen games.

We need to be comparing first gen games to first gen next gen games. e.g. TTT1 to TTT2.

Damn *snaps fingers* you know what? That's a good idea. Will do.

Man i think Tekken Tag was the game i've spent the most time playing with in my whole life. you know, while i was waiting for proper games to come out for PS2.

yep same here. It's amazing how much time you put into a game when there's not much else to play.

I'll probably do the same with TTT if it looks as amazing as I expect it to be.

Tekken Tag was original brought out on the PS2 because it wouldn't have been feasible to bring out Tekken 4 by launch.

ecliptic said:
Tekken Tag was original brought out on the PS2 because it wouldn't have been feasible to bring out Tekken 4 by launch.

.... huh? that makes no sense. tekken 4 was just a later title.

Plz Namco, give what the fans of your fighting games (Tekken and Soul Cal) have been asking for...online play.

Heck, I woud settle for Dark Resurrection with online as a Tekken PS3 launch title.

.Z

I dunno, Arcades are HUUUGE for Namco fighters... if they do online it could suck up a bit too much of that. More over, Namco really heavily supports that scene, so... meh, I dunno, I just don't think their hearts are really behind the thought of online.

london-boy said:
.... huh? that makes no sense. tekken 4 was just a later title.
Yeah, but I think what he means is that tekken tag tournament was just T3 updated for the PS2, because they wouldn't have been able to create the new engine for Tekken 4 in time. So it's possible this may just be an updated T5, so that the engine for T6 will be created.

EpicZero said:
Yeah, but I think what he means is that tekken tag tournament was just T3 updated for the PS2, because they wouldn't have been able to create the new engine for Tekken 4 in time. So it's possible this may just be an updated T5, so that the engine for T6 will be created.

Actually, TTT was an arcade port.

TTT2 isn't happening. Namco unveiled Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection last month. Namco also didn't say shit at E3 about the trailer at all. No confirmation of a new Tekken game coming out or anything.

So while PSM definitely got it wrong, I do hope it's T5DR that'll come to console. :)

Black Dragon37 said:
TTT2 isn't happening. Namco unveiled Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection last month. Namco also didn't say shit at E3 about the trailer at all. No confirmation of a new Tekken game coming out or anything.

So while PSM definitely got it wrong, I do hope it's T5DR that'll come to console. :)

actually, at TGS Namco's PS3 game list showed "new fighting game"
Along with the Tekken teaser at E3, I'd say that some new Tekken game is coming.

seismologist said:
actually, at TGS Namco's PS3 game list showed "new fighting game"
Along with the Tekken teaser at E3, I'd say that some new Tekken game is coming.
Well, they wouldn't say "rehashed fighting game", right?

Plus, you're kinda forgetting that Namco has two beat-em-ups under their belt - Tekken and Soul Calibur. ;)

Black Dragon37 said:
Well, they wouldn't say "rehashed fighting game", right?

Plus, you're kinda forgetting that Namco has two beat-em-ups under their belt - Tekken and Soul Calibur. ;)
LOL that would be funny!

"We will now present our new fighting game! It's not actually new, it's a rehash job of our 10 year old game like we usually do, but at least it's got a new number!"

london-boy said:
LOL that would be funny!

"We will now present our new fighting game! It's not actually new, it's a rehash job of our 10 year old game like we usually do, but at least it's got a new number!"
While funny, I was talking about Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.

So that's a sword slash through that statement, I guess. :LOL:

Black Dragon37 said:
While funny, I was talking about Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.

So that's a sword slash through that statement, I guess. :LOL:

"We couldn't even be bothered to put a new number is, so now the game has a cool sounding subtitle instead!"

yeah well all fighting games seem rehashed to me. I'd be up for a new Tekken assuming there's a major graphics overhaul.

I prefer it to the "other" rehashed fighting games. Especially if it's TTT2.

Back