MGS4 movie

Platon said:
I was commenting on the general look and feel of the game that could be different during gameplay, not the graphics.

Yes, and i have explained to you that there WILL (not "could") be a different feel when playing the game!! :D It's obvious.

london-boy said:
Thanks for your contribution to the thread. It has been explained many many times in this thread that this is a realtime cutscene. Nothing more nothing less.

People will fight it until it's 100% proven, and then continue fighting it. Don't bother :p

MGS cutscene graphics always look almost identical to gameplay graphics, and I don't expect MGS4 will be any different.

µCOM-4 said:
In the first part, the POV is from the enemy not the player, unless you the player gets b*tch slapped by Snake.

I'm talking about going into First Person and being able to see that type of situation (as SS). All in all though it IS a cutscene but anyone who has played MGS knows it should pretty much be the same. The only difference should be animation and camera work (that adds more drama). I'm anticipating gampelay videos to.

I have been reading GAF and found a few quotes from someone who was there in person. I know cross-posting isn't always a good thing, but the following should be treated just as it is, and that is an opinion from one individual (everyone's entitled to their own after all).

JackFrost2012 on Metal Gear Solid 4

http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=1939211&postcount=541

JackFrost2012 said:
I saw the trailer in person at the show today and though it won't shut up the trolls believe me when I tell you it is the REAL FUCKING DEAL, 720p the entire way, super hi-res, the best textures and models I've ever seen in anything. They showed the Killzone E3 trailer in the PS3 theater reel, and MGS4 looked 1) more "real-time" (I mean this as a compliment, but whereas KZ seemed faked/sped up/unrealistic in some ways, MGS4 was definitely actual real-time graphics the whole way, which is good news for doubters that PS3 games can look that good and 2) much, much, MUCH more impressive animation and environments. After MGS4 KillZone looked "CG"-ish in that artificial movement and pre-created way. Like K Lee said, MGS4 delivered a sense of COHESIVEness that gives it a sense of "reality" missing from other next gen games.

JackFrost2012 said:
there's a lot of really great small details you wouldn't notice in a handy-cam, or even a lo-res direct feed trailer. like when the Mk II looks over at Snake, the text that pops up is "A legendary hero never far from the battlefield. Can he be killed?" or something like that. and in the bottom-right corner of the view it says "Manufactured by Hal Emmerich" in like 4 pt font. The eye patch is the "Solid Eye" system, the tank is serial number "MGS-4," etc. etc. Team Kojima's penchant for unnecessary yet awesome detail is in full effect.

The second quote is very interesting. Can't wait until a higher quality feed is out. :smile:

london-boy said:
Not to defend him, but the guy is talking about graphics, how they will look very similar from cutscene to gameplay, and you come up with how you were all disappointed with the gameplay when u played MGS2?? Doesn't make much sense.
Anyone who played MGS2 from the beginning and saw that bridge intro for the first time is bound to have been WOWed at the time, and it was all realtime. That's what the kid is saying, the graphics from that bridge cutscene (and all other realtime cutscenes in MGS2) had the same graphical quality as the gameplay. Obviously cutscenes have strange camera angles and "proper" direction. They wouldn't be cutscenes otherwise.

Why must you start you sentence off with not to defend him when you are talking about me? If you feel the way I do why say that? What the kid is saying? Man I'm 21 years old and far far from a just a kid. I'm an adult with a very great mind that understands what I'm looking at.

Now that I got that out of the way, I totally agree with you london. People that know the series knows that the graphics will be the same. What I'm saying here is that I see EVERYONE forgot is that MGS4 will be played from behind the person back like Splinter Cell!!

Why can't people here in this forum understand that. Some people due and you know who you are, but its obvious that some don't. Yes the old camera took you out of the expirence a little compared to the new camera that Substanice (misspelled) will have. In MGS4 you WILL be able to stop and move the around and see everything unlike the topdown like view.

And Kojima did say something about using a first person view I will just have to dig it up. But remember people the camera is changed to the everyday 3rd person shooter now. Remember that.

mckmas8808 said:
Why must you start you sentence off with not to defend him when you are talking about me? If you feel the way I do why say that? What the kid is saying? Man I'm 21 years old and far far from a just a kid. I'm an adult with a very great mind that understands what I'm looking at.

Jee easy boy, i thought you knew i never post without a good dose of sarcasm!

Anyway. People will always try to discredit what they feel is "the competition". In this case they will try anything to discredit this realtime cutscene, trying to make it look bad because it's a ... realtime cutscene... go figure, sometimes i fail to see the logic...

looks very cool but I want some gameplay footage not a movie for the game. Don't MGS games have hud's and that?

c0_re said:
looks very cool but I want some gameplay footage not a movie for the game. Don't MGS games have hud's and that?

Yep, MGS does have huds. This is only a cut-scene from the game (as has already been explained..MGS cut-scenes hold the same visuals from ingame). Someone pointed out that Kojima may still has more in store for us at TGS (They posted that the website states "TGS Trailers"). If not...then next E3 is probably where we'll get to see some gameplay in action.

london-boy said:
You're just being incoherent then, something that has nothing to do with the language. You're using one argument (gameplay) to try and prove something about another argument (graphics). This video is merely a graphics presentation of what the game will look like, an introduction of where the game will be set, in what kind of situation it will be set, and what characters you'll be seeing in the game.

When they show us a real live feed of someone playing the game, we'll be able to comment on the gameplay. As it stands, we can only comment on the graphics.

Man what he's saying is very simple.

MGS2 had an awesome trailer, but when the game came out it was dissapointing.

While the graphics were still extremely impressive, the story SUCKED.

It's a valid concern, but I'm not that pessimisstic, I'm pretty hyped about this game, will have to see actual gameplay though

scooby_dooby said:
Man what he's saying is very simple.

MGS2 had an awesome trailer, but when the game came out it was dissapointing.

While the graphics were still extremely impressive, the story SUCKED.

It's a valid concern, but I'm not that pessimisstic, I'm pretty hyped about this game, will have to see actual gameplay though

Water under the bridge much? This was what, 2 pages ago? And resolved? :rolleyes:

Gholbine said:
People will fight it until it's 100% proven, and then continue fighting it. Don't bother :p

MGS cutscene graphics always look almost identical to gameplay graphics, and I don't expect MGS4 will be any different.

The look *almost* identical, but just a little better don't they? Just like that other game we won't mention. Cinematics always look better, the lighting is always better, the camera angles, facial expressions and alot of times they have more AA. Long story short, it feels more like a movie, because that's what it is.

As an in-game cut scene the graphics are impressive, but you really have to realize this is 8 minutes of scripted cinematics, and if you strip off the amazing storytelling and "feel" than the graphics are on par with what we've seen from other in-game cut scenes, but no need to mention names.

london-boy said:
Water under the bridge much? This was what, 2 pages ago? And resolved? :rolleyes:

Just woke up!

Anwyays, I don't know why you felt the need to argue with him for 5 pages, it was a very simple and valid point.

And he made it quite clear that while he had no doubt the graphics would be similar in the final version, he had reservations based on the MGS2 trailer and the actual GAMEPLAY that followed, and how they were nothing alike.

Now we can't speculate on future-gameplay based on a Developers past history in marketing that game?

Maybe you should go re-read your DOA4 to DOA3 quotes, you're doing the exact same thing as he is, looking at a companies past and questioning whether they'll repeat it. And for the record, I think you both make good points.

I agree, this is becoming ridiculous. There's not even a difference between the visuals with the MGS3 cutscenes to the real thing that I could mention now even if I tried - in fact, there ain't probably any difference at all, excluding the fact that the camera-point-of-view is scripted and the "scene" itself. Besides, there's a thread One just started - so, maybe we can put this whole argument to rest now?! Deal?! :mad:

scooby_dooby said:
The look *almost* identical, but just a little better don't they? Just like that other game we won't mention. Cinematics always look better, the lighting is always better, the camera angles, facial expressions and alot of times they have more AA. Long story short, it feels more like a movie, because that's what it is.

As an in-game cut scene the graphics are impressive, but you really have to realize this is 8 minutes of scripted cinematics, and if you strip off the amazing storytelling and "feel" than the graphics are on par with what we've seen from other in-game cut scenes, but no need to mention names.

If MGS4 was released today maybe the actual gameplay wont look as good as this. But Kojima said it will look better than this and since it still has a ways to go development wise I don't doubt him. So I can see the gameplay actually looking this good and the in-game cutscenes looking better than this trailer.

Phil makes an excellent point, people are using MGS2 as reference to MGS4. The thing is, though, Kojima and his team have grown CONSIDERABLY since MGS2 and they've refined and changed and cleaned up their style quite a bit. Save for art direction the cutscene in MGS3 are bang on with in game. This also bring up another interesting thought, I wonder wht crazy mini-game they're going to include in MGS4? I literally fell over laughing with the ape-escape mini-game.

You people are also forgetting that with a year of extra dev time, they also are one or two generations away from real PS3 in the homes hardware. They are working on a cut-down version of the PS3. The visuals have NO choice but to go up if any.

scooby-dooby said:

What!? I knew this was coming. Even after Hideo told people weeks in advance that this is real-time people still found a way to get around the fact that the real-time gameplay will be similar.

Back