The new Revolution Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppermonkey

Newcomer
revolutionphotoshop.jpg

Whattaya think?

Just to let you know, this is just "cure" for my immense boredom.

Given the lack of response, I assume this is completely lame, and I will stop now. :oops:

Ok, now that peppermonkey opened the can of silly "revolution" controller concept designs, here's my suggestion:

It's a blob, or two blobs, one for each hands (I quess you could buy an extra pair and use four, ahd you four hands, but there won't be many games supporting that feature).

The blobs are made from similar material as those stress relief balls that you can take in your hands and squeeze (I don't mean those balls, even though putting your hand down there and squeezing and fondling can be stress relieving too).

Inside these "ElastiControlOrbs" there is quite a lot of electronics.
They are wireless. They don't have any buttons as such, but areas in the ball are pressure sensitive.

How do you use this controller? Imagine elastic balls in your hands. If you actually have those stress relief balls, take them in your hands now!
The "ElastiControlOrbs" (E.C.O) are likely a bit bigger than those stress balls, about 7cm in diameter.
Now you notice you can actually hold your hands naturally while holding them, like if you were just resting your hands on your lap, palms down, not forcing your wrists in an unnatural position like when using traditional controllers.

Using the "buttons": you have four "triggers" in each orb. They are just areas that fall under your four fingers excluding your thumb, that are pressure sensitive. They could even offer some tactile feedback in a form of a "click" if there were some kind of microswitches under those areas. But the main feature is that they are pressure sensitive, the more you squeese the orb with your finger, the stronger the input.

Using the direction controls: The areas that fall under your thumbs work as some kind of analog sticks, except there are no sticks that protrude from the orb. It's sort of a "touchpad area" but it also senses if you want to keep on moving in one direction at given speed, you just slide your thumb to that direction and keep it there. It's a sort of like PSP's analog disk, but without the disk just the surface of the orb.

Now, here comes the most revolutionary feature of the "ElastiContrOlOrb" (see... revoulutionary... REVOLUTION!! ;) )
Inside the ElastiContrOlOrbs are also gyroscopes that sense if you rotate or move the orbs in real life 3D space!!
You can even roll them along a flat surface (next gen Super Monkey Ball game), pound them against some hard surface (next gen Donkey Konga game), juggle with them (next gen Juggling Game),
and even throw them! (next gen Baseball game, next gen first person shooter where the orb is the projectile from your weapon!!

I made a picture of this controller, note that the left and right hand controllers are differentiated by colour.
orbs7ht.jpg

Sigh the controller is a hat that you put on and you controll your game through thought .

Shesh people

It's time for someone to post the original Gamecube controller photoshop, the one with two buttons - START and WIN GAME. :LOL:

jvd said:
Sigh the controller is a hat that you put on and you controll your game through thought .

Shesh people

NOOOOOO if that's the case, i'll never buy Revolution. Can't mess up my hair everytime i wanna play a game!!

london-boy said:
jvd said:

Shesh people

NOOOOOO if that's the case, i'll never buy Revolution. Can't mess up my hair everytime i wanna play a game!!

Don't worry, Revolution controllers also come in the form of wollen socks you can put on. The revolution is you play games with your feet instead of hands, isn't that great?

Evil_Cloud said:
london-boy said:
jvd said:

Shesh people

Don't worry, Revolution controllers also come in the form of wollen socks you can put on. The revolution is you play games with your feet instead of hands, isn't that great?

Wow, now all they can do is the condom controller, with vibration. Satisfaction guaranteed!!

london-boy said:
Evil_Cloud said:
london-boy said:
jvd said:

Shesh people

Wow, now all they can do is the condom controller, with vibration. Satisfaction guaranteed!!

Rez already did that in a way. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back