A very ugly next-gen game

GOD, that's a damn slow media server they have there over at teamxbot... Maybe got something to do with the fact the pictures are a friggin quarter megabyte each... Jesus, learn to compress properly... :rolleyes:

Early annoucements for next gen consoles are often made by unknown companies, which hope to gain attention. Real talented companies will stick to the ps2, because that is where the sales potential is at the current time. No wonder, Naughty Dog games are always coming as a second gen game for every console.

"Fantavison Reloaded" will have serious competition next gen...

Nomad Soul (Dreamcast) had a more lively town, and a greater field of vision.

Wazoo is right, little studios are always thoses who do early announcement for "next-gen titles" in order to get some advertisement for their project... But i have to admit the simple fact that this is one of the worse "next gen" title ever (technically speaking).

Vysez said:
"Fantavison Reloaded" will have serious competition next gen...

Nomad Soul (Dreamcast) had a more lively town, and a greater field of vision.

Wazoo is right, little studios are always thoses who do early announcement for "next-gen titles" in order to get some advertisement for their project... But i have to admit the simple fact that this is one of the worse "next gen" title ever (technically speaking).

HEY don't mock Fantavision! It gave us a good 15 minutes of fun! Besides, a next gen version (or even a very souped up this-gen version) would look utterly amazing.

2002%2007%2001%20Fireworks%20in%20Hong%20Kong%20Harbor.jpg

nerd1.gif
teh future of teh gaming!!

:D

BTW there's a little too much of bloom in the "real life engine", it's pretty obvious on this picture....

Where does it say the game is for next gen console?
It says it's a next gen game, but that propably just means it's a n'th generation xbox game (like Halo was a 1st gen.....and...uhhhh.........hmmmmmm........ Riddick is a 2nd gen game, making Johnny Whatever a 3rd gen xbox game )

Well, if it's a next generation game then that usually means it is for the next generation of consoles.

Even if it is a current gen game then that is highly dissapointing in the sense of it being so ugly. I was looking at the street the guy was on and the texture looked like something from the N64. There's no excuse for that.

Sonic said:
I was looking at the street the guy was on and the texture looked like something from the N64. There's no excuse for that.

nerd1.gif
Come on, Sonic, Next-gen games are about pixels quality, not about textures quality. ;)

BTW look at the flamethrower, Return to Castle Wolfeinstein had a 10X better effect... and that's speaks louder than words to express how lame this "next gen game" is.

Vysez said:
Sonic said:
I was looking at the street the guy was on and the texture looked like something from the N64. There's no excuse for that.

nerd1.gif
Come on, Sonic, Next-gen games are about pixels quality, not about textures quality. ;)

BTW look at the flamethrower, Return to Castle Wolfeinstein had a 10X better effect... and that's speaks louder than words to express how lame this "next gen game" is.

Today even RTCW flamethrower looks like crap. Timesplitters2 had a better flamethrower and that's saying something... Hold on... Did Timesplitters2 have a flamethrower? Ok i need coffee.

with all the low res textures, I can expect this to be in 720p or 1080i right? ;)

*imagines Metal Slug 3 with 1080i support* :cry:

I know this is a bit late, but thought it may be pertinant to the subject. Though I hate this game with all of my soul, I've got to defend it just a little. The game is ugly, no doubt there, art direction failed, but the reason it looks horrible from a tech standpoint is that it's just a mock-up.
The game is a next gen title, as in next gen console, not next gen software for a currently existing hardware, but it is being mocked up on the Xbox and is thus not representative of a next gen title.

there's my two cents for now.

Later

Iridius Dio

Back