Polygons, voxels, SDFs... what will our geometry be made of in the future?

I was expecting close-ups but the creator seemed to avoid them...

Also, he doesn't seem to like being compared to Nanite (as far as I read in a few YouTube comments), while the idea is similar and even the name is not that far off. 😅

I didn't know quite where to put this, but Alex Evans of Dreams etc fame has been at mid journey for a couple of years. He's probably working on their 3d efforts, according to ex colleague Martin Nebelong (who did some of the coolest Dreams art that did the rounds).

Midjourney Office hours: They're working on a 3d system that will allow you to move into Midjourney images. Not polygons, not NeRF, not Gaussians. But a new NeRF-like format, with a team lead by someone who played an important part in the rollout of NeRF technology. Sorry polygons, but most Midjourney images already look better than most games today..Agreed on the polygons.. they'll be a thing of the past in a few years I hope.If the person leading the work on Midjourney's new 3d format isn't Alex Evans I'll be very disappointed ;-)Take a look at this small video and consider that a very big part of the Dreams Graphics Engine was due to the work of Alex Evans.

Last edited:
Back