Lossless Scaling. Machine learning Frame Generation and upscaling on ANY GPU!

exciting. The best video from the best at this type of videos. Lossless Scaling deserved it.

I only missed showing the differences between 2D games at native framerate vs 3X Lossless Scaling Frame Generation using DF tools, there is a clear difference, not only in 3D games, and also missed some testing in super high framerate monitors, like 240Hz monitors, 360Hz monitors, 480Hz monitors, and so on. In that sente LS 3X Frame Generation is going to shine, imho.

On my 165fps, a 55fps base framerate can produce very decent results even when using Performance mode and 3X FG. Maybe in a future video?

Last edited:
just for fun I used CRU 1.5.2 (Custom Resolution Utility) converting a 60Hz TV into a 120Hz TV -for some reason the TV accepted it as it has some HDMI 2.1 capabilities-. Every online framerate test says the TV is running at 120fps, but when you use the typical 3-sided comparison 120fps vs 60fps vs 30fps, the 120fps image is the same as the 60fps one, no change is smoothness.

So I locked the base framerate to 60fps and I enabled Lossless Scaling 2X mode. Surprisingly so, LS just showed a 60/60 framerate and not a 60/120 framerate as you could expect given the behaviour of the online framerate tests which tried to run graphics at 120fps.

Then I set the base framerate to 40fps and enabled LS 3X mode, but again, I got the same result, it showed 40/60 but never ever 40/120 as you would expect.

That being said, aside from games that work natively at 165fps on my monitor, after using FG and utilities like Lossless Scaling and playing almost everything at 165fps, I gotta say that in the future 60fps are going to be the new 30fps. :)

new update.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/993090/view/4378145564509152114?l=english

Framepacing and LSFG updates
This version aims to improve smoothness, framerate stability and latency for a wide range of GPUs.

- LSFG 2.2 updates the UI detection part by reducing the level of over-detection, which eliminates some artifacts caused by UI detection and has a positive effect on the overall smoothness of the image.

- Cursor rendering at the target framerate.

- Return to the previous behavior when rendering over refresh rate is allowed.

- The new "Max Frame Latency" option acts as a balance between latency and performance. There is no best value, as all systems are different. Most likely, the optimal value will be 1 for Nvidia GPUs and 3 for AMD. It should be at least 2 (3 for AMD) if you want LS to be able to render over refresh rate.

- Merged the "Vsync" and "Allow tearing" options into one menu, where "Default" means that both of them are disabled.

- Improved Freesync support (works only on AMD GPUs).

-Lithuanian and Vietnamese localizations added.

Previous version is available in Steam betas.

Back