The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I watched the first one last night and ended up staying up until 4:30am 'cause I couldn't turn it off until after the 5th episode, excellent stuff! :D
yeah i have to control myself because im watching with a friend at his house but i am going to rewatch episode 1 on my own

Agreed, watched the first episode and I'm very pleased with the result so far. The maturity, tone, quality is excellent. I'm going into this never really having played Fallout games much so I don't have to worry about comparisons and can try to appreciate the show for what it is, with some familiarity into the source material.
From similar situation I can only say BRAVO, absolutely BRAVO đź‘Ź

I plan to replay 3 and 4 now, but I'm starting with New Vegas because it's the one I played least and don't remember much about.

Finished it yesterday. DAMN, so good!

I appreciated the amount of practical effects and sets that were used. The only set I didn't really like was Filly, but it still wasn't bad. Maybe it was just the lighting in those scenes, but it's the only one that didn't look quite the same as the rest of the show. Otherwise, I think they did a great show capturing the look and feel of the games. Maybe not as dark as Fallout 1 & 2 and a little closer to Fallout 4 and New Vegas, but overall I think it looked excellent.

Finished the season and the quality was equally great.

If there is a complaint, its that it seems to pretty neatly wrap up the main world building plot & any 2nd season would be 'just' character stuff.
I feel like that main plot maybe should have been spread across 2-3 seasons with more of the environment/travelling stuff & still been great.

Couple of questions:
Is the plot actually based on (one of?) the games? If not I hope it feels like it adequately fills in the universe.
Did they Frodo her eyes?

The way they took advantage of video game mechanic / logic to make the "ti's just a scratch" movie trope, works really really really well.

Couple of questions:
Is the plot actually based on (one of?) the games? If not I hope it feels like it adequately fills in the universe.
Did they Frodo her eyes?
No and no. The story takes place after all of the games and her eyes are actually that big.

I've never seriously played Fallaot, I barely know the story, but this month was so much exposed to fanart, ai images, and game images of this impossibly beauty girl that at some point decided to watch an episode.
Holy crap it's a real woman! Now I'm in love with her! Let's roam the wasteland together!

Sadly not knowing the game feels a lot like missing many details, but still very enjoyable.
I'm confused about power levels, in particular, in the second episode a situation is solved with a headshot. A bullet in the head always solves a lot of situations. But as it was set up until that point I was expecting something like power punches or a shot from another gun.
Or the ghoul holding a little bottle that was shown just earlier, but he can't have had access to that bottle, so what was the meaning?
Frell I hope that the ghoul is not the antagonist, he's too cool to die.

I've never seriously played Fallaot, I barely know the story, but this month was so much exposed to fanart, ai images, and game images of this impossibly beauty girl that at some point decided to watch an episode.
Holy crap it's a real woman! Now I'm in love with her! Let's roam the wasteland together!
Ella Purnell also stars in Yellowjackets season 1

Re: fallout

Really really not a fan of modern TV formula where you have a season long mystery that gets wrapped up in a 20 minute exposition dump in the final episode. Any TV show that does that is just a reminder of why I don't watch TV anymore.

The constant flashbacks and having so many key characters span the gap really undercut the sense of time passage, the sense of being marooned in a desolate place, the societal disconnect between the two periods. Having one character like that would be fine, but having half of your primary cast makes the show really more of a pre-Fallout story. Everything of consequence in this season was driven by characters, motivations, decisions, and events that occurred before the nukes dropped.

The sets/props production was nice.

I think the sense of geography was more or less completely absent (where places are in relation to each each other, a sense of going here to there, distance traveled, time passed). Ideally this should help justify how these characters are crossing paths by chance so easily.

I found myself caring less and less about the girl's search for her father after a few episodes. Maybe it was having the decapitated head serve as a surrogate for finding her father; it felt a little too plotty/contrived after the sight gag wore off. She has no reason to even assume her dad is still alive and she's spending all of her screen time and mental energy chasing after a macguffin that has nothing to do with her father.

Back