The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

So the animation is a good place to continue the Netflix series then
If you have not read the books, the characters being different might be a bit puzzling. Haven't watched the anime (yet), it seems to be the lowest-rated adaptation; there is actually also a Minecraft version "My Three Body" which gets much more love...

cant get over how much im loving shogun

3 body problem is on the list, but ive read the books so im in no hurry

DANGER: The animation is based on the second book of the trilogy! The Netflix show's first season deals with the first book in pretty compressed format, and proceeds ~20% into the second book in the last episodes.

So for anybody looking for an unspoiled experience of the trilogy, the animation is not the best place to start.

But thanks for bringing it up @digitalwanderer . Need to get it for myself to watch, somehow.
also danger:
the animation is not a good scifi at all, even for basic science stuff in the first few minutes of the first episode.

Ugh, Disgracery is back & I have an immediate visceral hate response.
I hate really everything about it except paternal Admiral dude.

I've just learned there's a Fallout tv series on Amazon anyone seen it ?
one of my friends have made props for it, some of the power armor sets and some deathclaw skulls + more i think
:D :D

ready to watch fallout tomorrow, hope its good

im also relieved that the jon snow spin off has been shelved, never had any hopes for that being good
also looks like the dunk and egg show is getting made, that could be really fun

First episode of Fallout is good. Pretty happy with it. Hopefully that continues in the next episodes.
Agreed, watched the first episode and I'm very pleased with the result so far. The maturity, tone, quality is excellent. I'm going into this never really having played Fallout games much so I don't have to worry about comparisons and can try to appreciate the show for what it is, with some familiarity into the source material.

Agreed, watched the first episode and I'm very pleased with the result so far. The maturity, tone, quality is excellent. I'm going into this never really having played Fallout games much so I don't have to worry about comparisons and can try to appreciate the show for what it is, with some familiarity into the source material.

I loved Fallout 1,2,tactics,3 ... Never really played the later ones, though I did try New Vegas at my brothers place and it felt a lot closer to 2 than 3 did in terms of the wild random encounters and just strange story detours. That said, I never really played those games for the "lore." For me it was about the themes, the atmosphere, the setting, the humour, exploration, encounters etc. I would say they nailed everything, but there are probably some wiki lore that'll come out of their caves and tell me I'm wrong. The show feels very approachable for non fans, and I think that's a very good thing.

Haven't seen it yet. Can it be better than The Last of Us?

I haven't played TLOU or Fallout. But TLOU was pretty easy to get into for people who never played the game.

Back