Raytracing

alexsok

Regular
Have a look at http://www.openrt.de it's a OpenGL like API ( in fact its just RT instead of GL ) that uses a distributed raytracer in conjunction with a cluster. Very impressive technology and it's a full raytracer, even supporting dynamic objects. And the scene size is independent from memory, not like the gpu approach wich stores all information in the graphics memory. And in fact they're developing a chip to support their algorithms .) It will be very interesting to watch those approaches in the future.

There are also some nice screenies there! :D

ooh some real nice screenies indeed :D

btw you link is slightly wrong you got a comma on the end of it ;)

The anonymous attribution for the global illumination method also adds a nice bit of mystery :)

Of all the threads you could've updated on the front page, why did you uncover one from more than two decades ago?!?

RTX Remix is, in fact, on the front page :p

Of all the threads you could've updated on the front page, why did you uncover one from more than two decades ago?!?

RTX Remix is, in fact, on the front page :p
okayyyy, I move the post then. Pls some moderator deletes it here

In game? (not cinematic sequence) in real time at 4k 100fps with the mentioned effects? please show me and pardon my ignorance if it was done 10 years ago on a GTX780, I was not aware

So the point is they can now do it faster at higher resolution? If not, please read again my question.

So the point is they can now do it faster at higher resolution? If not, please read again my question.
Yes that's obviously the point. In fact, it's the main point of graphics in gaming. I also answered your second question that I don't know anything realtime that looks like this 10 years a ago on a GTX780. And I asked you to show me what "a decade ago" (your words) looks similar. Now I'm, waiting for your answer

Back