Gran Turismo 7 [PS]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Context @ https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3405203.html

Gran Turismo will be welcoming Brembo - the leading designer and manufacturer of braking systems - as the Official Technical Partner in Braking Systems for Gran Turismo 7.

Brembo will make its UPGRADE products available to players in the Tuning Shop of Gran Turismo™ 7, the virtual shop where players can upgrade the performance of their cars.​

Reactions: snc
Draw distance at 0:51-0:57 with dissapearing viewers not so great
They don’t want the PS4 to break a hip. I think that’s a neat optimization because it’s behind the action. Anything to help them push out LODs ahead of me! Shadows popping into existence and trackside and opponent car models popping into higher detail before my eyes are hopefully improved in the PS5 version.

I doubt they’re going to run an improved PS5 AI model (distinct from the PS4 version), sadly. Is opponent AI part of car culture? ;)

They don’t want the PS4 to break a hip. I think that’s a neat optimization because it’s behind the action. Anything to help them push out LODs ahead of me! Shadows popping into existence and trackside and opponent car models popping into higher detail before my eyes are hopefully improved in the PS5 version.
The video has the starting disclaimer saying "Captured on PS5".

Draw distance at 0:51-0:57 with dissapearing viewers not so great

Hmmm, interesting. The same thing happens in the new Ratchet and Clank game, although there it's the magically appearing crowd. :) I posted a video clip showing it in the R&C thread. Will be more visible in GT7 though since you'll be passing stands with crowds in them much more frequently than you did in R&C.

Strange that both games suffer pop-in/out with people in stands.

I wonder why they didn't just put in blobs of color for people instead of having them disappear. At that distance, it'd be less noticeable than the people just disappearing.

Regards,
SB

Hmmm, interesting. The same thing happens in the new Ratchet and Clank game, although there it's the magically appearing crowd. :) I posted a video clip showing it in the R&C thread. Will be more visible in GT7 though since you'll be passing stands with crowds in them much more frequently than you did in R&C.

Strange that both games suffer pop-in/out with people in stands.

I wonder why they didn't just put in blobs of color for people instead of having them disappear. At that distance, it'd be less noticeable than the people just disappearing.

Regards,
SB
nah it won't be very visible, only probably at mirror and on replays at specific camera angle, your blobs of color idea for sure would look better

I doubt they’re going to run an improved PS5 AI model (distinct from the PS4 version), sadly. Is opponent AI part of car culture? ;)
its still visible on replay camera so not that neat ;d yeah ai is retarded in gt sport, they didn't talk much what they change in this aspect in gt7 so probably not much

Last edited:
Yes 60fps...but imo trackside details still look worse than driveclub, not even talking about FH5.

imo driveclub generaly looks worse than gt sport but still weather system is best looking to this day, driveclub 2 on ps5 could look awesome (and there is 0 arcade racing exes for playstation now...)

Last edited:
Yes 60fps...but imo trackside details still look worse than driveclub, not even talking about FH5.

Have you played DC lately? It's asset quality borders on PS3 quality in places.

In wet weather and snow it's still the best looking racer around but when playing in normal, sunny conditions, it really shows the low asset quality.

no it's way beyond PS3 quality and matches or tops GTS in several places like track details, car detail in gameplay, particles, dynamic ToD, volumetric clouds, SSR everywhere etc...
GTS tops it in IQ, texture resolution, photorealism look (even if lot of it is baked), and of course and most important, framerate.

but anyway my point was just about the trackside detail that is still lacking in that PS5 version of GT7, that's what disappoint me.

Last edited:
no it's way beyond PS3 quality and matches or tops GTS in several places like track details, car detail in gameplay, particles, dynamic ToD, volumetric clouds, SSR everywhere etc...
GTS tops it in IQ, texture resolution, photorealism look (even if lot of it is baked), and of course and most important, framerate.

but anyway my point was just about the trackside detail that is still lacking in that PS5 version of GT7, that's what disappoint me.

I can easily show you PS3 level assets in the game.

GT7 is nothing but a jumped up GTS port so I wouldn't expect it be as good as a game built from the ground up for next gen.

And with the next gen geometry pipe lines they may finally have all the polygons they will ever need for the trackside detail.

more PS3 level assets in GTS than in Driveclub to prove you point sadly.

but my gripe was not about GTS as it had to run on PS4 at double the framerate of DC.

Back