CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

Mining ETH directly to Binance wallet, confused to select ERC20, BEP2, or BEP20 (BSC)

Planning to use ethermine pool. Currently mining directly to Luno wallet and it got no "ERC20, BEP2, or BEP20 (BSC)" option, and it just work.

environment temperature goes to 34Celcius, gpu keeps climbing to 74C and more. finally decided to downclock to 900 core, 7480ram to make it stable in 72-73c.

no wonder some people use water cooling for their mining rig

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of friendly advice from folk who are familiar with mining Ethereum.

I mined a bit on my home PC's during the last boom, and cashed out most of it before the crash in Jan 2019. However I continued through that period to get to 1ETH. As it was only worth about $1-200 I left it and forgot about it in my website wallet. Then a little while ago I was reminded about it, the website has changed a bit since I last logged in and, all the access methods I have to the wallet are strongly discouraged from being used with warning everywhere :D

I did log in once but I got errors reported when trying to login, and once logged in the balance is 0ETH. Looking at the transaction history, via all three of the available options (etherscan.io, EthVM, Ethplorer), they all show the expected balance.

Is my 1ETH gone, or is it just stuck somewhere?

Cheers

Also if it is still there any idea how I can get access and move it some safer?

It was MyEtherWallet
if you're using your old 'login' from desktop and using the old key style, you won't get the balance when you go offline. I (assume you are doing this with mytherwallet)

The best way to see your balance, without logging in, is to just copy your p[ublic wallet id and go to your ethereum online wallet checker and punch it in. It will tell you the balance of that wallet.

Well that's a relief, I had some web domains blocked with NoScript, all working fine.

Anyone know if I can access my wallet through a more secure app? Do I need to create a new wallet on a different app and transfer the ETH?

It's such a long time since I touched any of this I can't even remeber how I used to cash out :runaway: I think I used something to convert to BTC then used LocalBitCoin to get £s. But I don't even think you can use LBC in the UK anymore.

Does luno, binance, etc supports your local currency in your region?

I use luno, and it seems it supports the UK. Referal link:
https://www.luno.com/invite/XWJXXR

The transfer the eth to the eth wallet on one of those service, and then buy the local currency, then widhraw it.

Ediit:

If you don't want to chssh out, you can use metamask wallet and keep the long phrase saved safely somewhere

Last edited:
Well that's a relief, I had some web domains blocked with NoScript, all working fine.

Anyone know if I can access my wallet through a more secure app? Do I need to create a new wallet on a different app and transfer the ETH?

It's such a long time since I touched any of this I can't even remeber how I used to cash out :runaway: I think I used something to convert to BTC then used LocalBitCoin to get £s. But I don't even think you can use LBC in the UK anymore.
Mobile is very secure but you will be forced to make a new wallet. That’s what I did ultimately. Just made new wallet and transfer.

mh/s are not correlated to the network difficulty. Are you referring to the epoch? the next one is estimated for august 2022

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve done some initial research, and I think that Algorand, Cardano and Nano all seem green and promising alternatives each with their own distinct advantages, but all much more green. Also, man there are a lot of currencies out there now!

It is good to realize that many coins will eventually stop being mined, but then it becomes about operating costs, transaction fees and power use and speed. In this area it seems Nano has an advantage for instance as it basically has no transaction costs which means it seems very useful for consumer transactions.

It would probably be a good idea to determine a bunch of criteria for a digital currency so we can rate the 4500+ out there more usefully for a future where it becomes a common payment option.

Last edited:
Pretty crazy how you can manipulate the market without consequence if you are rich and famous. American people should grow some balls and put their oligarchs in their place.

Pretty crazy how you can manipulate the market without consequence if you are rich and famous. American people should grow some balls and put their oligarchs in their place.

Yeah, crypto is not as regulated as "classic" markets. But powerful people do it anyway. It's not just as obvious most of the time. After a big dip he announced helping Doge dev team (which is new, project was dead for a long time), so it's going up again... oh well...

Back