Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Have you tried a full console restart and exiting the game once so its not Quick Resume? Just want to rule out any sort of long running memory cleanup issues.

Have you tried a full console restart and exiting the game once so its not Quick Resume? Just want to rule out any sort of long running memory cleanup issues.
I want to say when I initially started playing I was not in quick resume mode. I did play later in quick resume, but no I didn't do a restart by holding the power button down. I will try that when I get home today. Strange if I'm the only one experiencing noticeable performance issues post patch. On a side note I wish they had implemented some type of motion blur for the 30FPS quality mode. I did try switching between the two modes yesterday and there's a pretty big visual difference but it's hard to enjoy because 60FPS is obviously much smoother. There are plenty of 30FPS games that don't bother me so now I'm wondering if I was having performance issues in that mode as well.

I think there may be a few bugged quests etc in the game. I've played through to the very end now and it hasn't triggered the final mission to meet the head of the order of ancient. All other members and zealots are dead and its telling me to continue with the story to find more. Only there is no more story :( Oh well it was fun.

I have not noticed any performance related issues at all, apart from a little screen tearing during action heavy moments.

Posted in another thread but thought it was better homed here. Valhalla is begging to be modded IMO. I've never understood why Ubisoft insist on launching the AC games with such oversaturated palettes. Origins and Odyssey are two of the best looking games I've ever played when modded but they look borderline ugly by default to me. I've not started Valhalla myself yet but have seen my wife playing it unmodded and to me it looks pretty ugly for the most part compared with what I'm seeing in Odyssey which I'm playing at the same time.

So I decided to put a re-shade on there and customised a few of the settings to my personal preference and the difference is transformational IMO:

ACValhalla_2021-01-23_17-32-17.png

ACValhalla_2021-01-23_17-32-21.png

Back