Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

The thing that confuses me is that Cerney had relfections higher up on performance usage than most other things.

Sure, but wouldn't be much of a usage if the game itself doesn't have much reflective surfaces does it, might as well use the power on more noticeable areas like lighting.

I'm expecting the armour and weaponry of your character to be as ray traced as Clank.

Enemies should be thrashing and belching fire often enough that it'd be a waste, at this point, spending resources on their RT reflections.

stupid questions incoming; but where does Demon Souls rank vs the 3 Dark Souls?
and are there any significant differences?

I'm expecting the armour and weaponry of your character to be as ray traced as Clank.

Enemies should be thrashing and belching fire often enough that it'd be a waste, at this point, spending resources on their RT reflections.
I think a dark, shadowy game such as this would benefit more from RT shadow and AO overall, but if PS5 has enough juice left for reflection then all the better. Still, wonder how the game would look like with any RT usage while focusing every last drop of the power on more fluid sims like fire, water etc.

I think a dark, shadowy game such as this would benefit more from RT shadow and AO overall, but if PS5 has enough juice left for reflection then all the better.

Agreed. I think it'll all be in there. They've stated there'll be a framerate mode and a quality mode, and I'm expecting the quality mode to be 4K30 with RTGI and RT reflections on the main character, as that's what you're looking at the entire game.

Framerate mode: the character won't have RT reflections, and it'll be something like 1440p.

Personally, I'd really like to see quality mode as native 4K30 and framerate mode as CB4K60. I'm really curious how checkerboard 4K stacks up against native 4K when checkerboard has more temporal data to work with.

Checkerboard = (3840*2160)/2 in terms of pixels, but is a little more costly than a native resolution with the same number of rendered pixels, due to the need for temporal data usage. I'm curious how that checkerboard overhead compares to the overhead required for dynamic resolution.

Is it reasonable to say that 4K30 (with a dynamic resolution) and CB4K60 (with a dynamic framerate) are roughly the same in terms of GPU requirements?

I for one care not one bit about the Performance mode :D since I'm all about the visuals, I actually think they should have the Quality mode in 4KCBR with all the raytracing and push the visuals even more, IQ should be more than good enough anyway. I know I sound so greedy but that's just me.

I predict that RT would feature in both modes. And the only difference will be native 4k @ 30fps, and whatever lower res is needed to get to @ 60fps. Remember that RT is tied to resolution, so the lower the res, the more performance you get relative to other effects.

Holy.... Stop releasing pics on twitter¡¡¡ We want the uncompressed PNGs¡

Ea0IUE-XsAcORxC

Live streaming and Twitter are the worst.

Anyway, I wonder if that lighter smidge at the bottom right of the big shield is the reflection of the player in front of it, which may be RT? Interesting.

I predict that RT would feature in both modes. And the only difference will be native 4k @ 30fps, and whatever lower res is needed to get to @ 60fps. Remember that RT is tied to resolution, so the lower the res, the more performance you get relative to other effects.
Also they could reduce resolution and the quality of RT (resolution and or number of bounces) to reach 60fps.

I'm not sure this is really my type of game but after this hellish year, Demon Souls may feel like a relatively more pleasant experience.

EheBMNrUYAAR8d8

EheBK4BU8AIRIWH

6th archstone?

Here is a description from the Amazon Page:
  • Experience the original brutal challenge, completely remade from the ground up. All presented in stunning visual quality with enhanced performance, this is the world of Boletaria as you have never seen it before.
  • Venture to the northern kingdom of Boletaria – a once prosperous land of knights, now beset with unspeakable creatures and ravenous demons. Meet strange characters, unhinged and twisted by the world around them, and unravel the unsettling story of Demon’s Souls.
  • Perfect and hone your skills in combat – know when to push forward and when to bide your time, as with each missed swing and careless mistake, you risk losing the very souls you’ve worked so hard to collect. The rewards for slaying the strongest foes are immense though, and death does not mean the end – it’s just another state of being.
  • With online invasions adding to the danger of your quest. Or play cooperatively by summoning allies to aid in your fight against the demons.
  • Active PS Plus subscription required for online multiplayer.

20200909_121834.jpg

So those screenshots were really real-time gameplay! Here is the Youtube gameplay video, remember that this is all running at 60fps (you can select 60fps on the youtube video).

Bonus: near instant loading at 1mn29sec.

dOgqVEN.gif

Back