Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

So those screenshots were really real-time gameplay! Here is the Youtube gameplay video, remember that this is all running at 60fps (you can select 60fps on the youtube video).

Bonus: near instant loading at 1mn29sec.

dOgqVEN.gif

https://segmentnext.com/2020/06/15/demons-souls-feature-ray-tracing-ps5/

Raytraced shadows

The official Sony blog post doesn't specify what RT is used for:
From Japan Studio and Bluepoint Games comes a remake of the PlayStation classic, Demon’s Souls. In addition to beautiful shadow effects and ray tracing, players can choose between two graphics modes while playing: one focused on fidelity, and one focused on frame rate.

Amazing how two sentences in perfect English on the Sony Blog where turned into a full blown essay (while also making stuff up) on that gaming blog/site (segmentnext)...happens 99% of the time everywhere [insertanynewssite/blog] sadly..

The official Sony blog post doesn't specify what RT is used for:

Amazing how two sentences in perfect English on the Sony Blog where turned into a full blown essay (while also making stuff up) on that gaming blog/site (segmentnext)...happens 99% of the time everywhere [insertanynewssite/blog] sadly..

Maybe reflections but we know they used some form of raytracing somewhere.

Personally I didnt think it looked that good, the guys cartoonish running animation was very offputting as well.

Also cause my game is similar and its something thats bothered me, in these indoor areas do ppl mind that the person has a lightsource even though they are not holding a torch or anything?
I suppose one could argue (even though its unrealistic) it emulates being able to see whats in your immediate vicinity, but its not something Im not happy with, perhaps just make them hold a torch in one hand? but then what happens if they have a sword and shield?

Its the exact same game you played before on ps3/4. With better graphics. The upside is that its a launch game.

The game never relased on PS4. This is a Ps3 games and the Soul's Series was less popular, Dark Soul's 3 sold 10 millions and Demons Soul's maybe 2 million. I think the game will sell well and it will be the first run for many people.

Personally I didnt think it looked that good, the guys cartoonish running animation was very offputting as well.

Also cause my game is similar and its something thats bothered me, in these indoor areas do ppl mind that the person has a lightsource even though they are not holding a torch or anything?
I suppose one could argue (even though its unrealistic) it emulates being able to see whats in your immediate vicinity, but its not something Im not happy with, perhaps just make them hold a torch in one hand? but then what happens if they have a sword and shield?

They reuploaded the trailer watch when he kills a guy after jumping from the brifge he has a light source attach to the body at hip level.

The weird light source from the character has been in all Souls games, and Nioh too, and a lot more games of this type. I’ve never actually understood the point of it, as you can also carry a torch which illuminate the vicinity. Who knows.

The weird light source from the character has been in all Souls games, and Nioh too, and a lot more games of this type. I’ve never actually understood the point of it, as you can also carry a torch which illuminate the vicinity. Who knows.
Yes from memory in Bloodborne there are 3 different kind of lights emitted from the character. A default very faint one with no visible light source, a moderate light from a small lamp that can be attached on your character (optionnal, you need to find this small lamp) and a stronger light with a torch you need to hold on your hand.

Eurogamer mentioned the initial trailer showed that this also release on pc. But Sony took it down and uploaded new one that doesn't mention pc

Eurogamer mentioned the initial trailer showed that this also release on pc. But Sony took it down and uploaded new one that doesn't mention pc

There where some tweets stating a pc version is coming at a later date, but that the game is console exclusive. I think it slipped out the wrong way and too early.
Everything got removed very quickly.

It was an error the trailer has the same message than third party timed exclusive. It would have been the first Sony game to release on Xbox.

Back