What Manga are you reading now?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
I just realized there';s no thread like this for manga. there's one for anime.

anyway, this last few days I'm reading a bunch of manga and some of them gives a nice change of perspective (compared to commonly found on manga)

• Helck. "Demon" = evil, bad, etc are a propaganda. They actually have proper life
  • Far away paladin. "corrupt bastard on church" is not your usual 2 dimensional villain. He dirty his hands to achieve good things.

Hello!

I've had a little manga re-awakening of late. And I just found this new-ish new manga called Record of Ragnarok (which I can only read 'online' as it's nowhere to be found on amazon) which looks like a total blast so far. Very cool.

I was reading Gantz, about halfway through it, but I needed a little break from that.

Ruler of the land, it's a biweekly manhwa, you read it left to right. Ongoing from 1994, while it drags a bit at the start and the older art style, it has grown into sort of an epic and is currently in its final arc.

From the author of the quite popular manhwa series, The Breaker.

Turns out ruri dragon is in hiatus due to the authors' health.

Any idea why the "burnout" in manga industry seems very severe?

Are the publishers unwilling to spend money to hire more people or something?

My experience is different: I think that it's the perfect format for (bathroom) pause, and the vertical continuous scrolling allows for creative panel transitions that aren't possible on paper.
Plus the platform lacks editors that oppress the artist and mandate genres, character roles, and plot development, so it's basically quality indie comics.
If on the phone it's cumbersome or too small, there's the website too.

Back