Middle Earth: Shadow of War [XPA, XO, PC, PS4]

I would' ve loved a co-op mode on this game. I believe we will have to stick with the 4 or 5 classes shown ( and leaked before on the dlc pakacge ) beastmaster , destroyer. But at least it can have a good impact on replay value.

The technical director of Shadow of Mordor has said that the game runs at 4k on Scorpio.

http://www.techradar.com/news/middl...technical-art-talks-microsoft-project-scorpio

Matt Allen expressed his affection towards Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox Scorpio.

“So far, we really like it, I don’t know how much they’ve revealed the specs, but it is an upgrade. It’s not just sort-of, We’re going to upgrade some stuff. There’s things that you can do with it. So, we’re pretty excited to be working with them specifically.”

ufxELMDBRYEExJdRBposPR-970-80.jpg

dSDUyuqwYyZFtrpYv7VTSR-650-80.jpg

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/839606206675070977

Aarong Greenberg has also commented on the game and that they are going to manage the marketing.

Yes we are marketing partner for this title, so look for a lot of @Xbox /Scorpio branding & #XboxPlayAnywhere

It looks absolutely spectacular but what I liked about the original was that I could play as a stealth assassin/ranged class, which is how I play almost all games - Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassin's Creed, even Zelda! It doesn't look like that play style is going to viable for parts of the game like this and based on the map they showed at the start, it looks like much of the game will be missions like this.

I'm guessing you'll find missions tailored to all kinds of different playstyles. Like in the Arkham games. Who knows, maybe you can stealth your way through the one in the video as well.

New gameplay video of a new area. Animation looks a bit rough but it's still Alpha i believe.
How can the animations (and basically everything else graphically) look so bad now when the previous gameplay video (the reveal one month ago) looks a lot better? Doesn't make sense o_O

How can the animations (and basically everything else graphically) look so bad now when the previous gameplay video (the reveal one month ago) looks a lot better? Doesn't make sense o_O
That's the difference between a vertical slice, and the actual game.

The running animation is funny. There is no force behind it, so even though you are running fast the character doesn't take off into the air for a bit like normal humans would. Maybe it's the weight of all the armor, but then his movement seems silly fast. Ah well.

I don't know what it is. At first I was really excited about the game, but the more I see the less I'm interested. It's not the graphics or the animation. It's something about the gameplay. The nemesis system is one of the great game mechanics of the last 10 years, and this looks like it's really built it up in an interesting way. But then I look at the gameplay, and something just doesn't sit well with me ... Can't explain what it is.

I don't know what it is. At first I was really excited about the game, but the more I see the less I'm interested. It's not the graphics or the animation. It's something about the gameplay. The nemesis system is one of the great game mechanics of the last 10 years, and this looks like it's really built it up in an interesting way. But then I look at the gameplay, and something just doesn't sit well with me ... Can't explain what it is.
I'm go through this cycle for most games. Excited. meh. Excited. meh. Excited. meh.

I'm go through this cycle for most games. Excited. meh. Excited. meh. Excited. meh. FALLOUT. Excited. meh. Excited. meh. Excited. meh. SKYRIM. Excited. meh. Excited. meh. Excited. meh
Fixed that for you

I didn't play the first, but the demos of this one make it look like the character can become overpowered to the point of spoiling the game's tention.

APVvs9F.jpg

The game is $4 on steam also right now if anyone wants to play through and bring thier nemesis over
how does the nemesis thing work? Is it the cause of those conversations before the fighting when they are holding each other til the real battle begins?

how does the nemesis thing work? Is it the cause of those conversations before the fighting when they are holding each other til the real battle begins?
Its a guy that keeps apearing and is updated based on how you fought him. Your nemesis plays a vital role towards the end of the game. In my play through i encountered mine many times. Its supposed to be enahnced more in this game.

I played through on the xbox one so i'm goign to play through on the pc since i have teh steam copy for $4

I didn't play the first, but the demos of this one make it look like the character can become overpowered to the point of spoiling the game's tention.

The first game gets progressively easier as you go along as well. Dramatically so in fact. I cannot think of many open world games, at least modern rpg-hybrid ones, where this isn't the case, though. R* is just about the only developer I can think of who provides big play areas with a proper difficulty curve to go along with them. That's because the characters you're controlling stay more or less the same over the course of the game. Each missions has every player facing the exact same odds.

Rocksteady did a pretty damn good job in that regard as well, come to think of it. Arkham Knight never got easy. Rather ballsy for a franchise of this magnitude.

Been playing this for a few hours now, albeit on PC because £30 vs. £50 duh, and it's a great game with a terrible interface and almost no tutorials about game mechanics. If you liked Shadow of Mordor, you'll like like this one as well. There is a bewildering number of mechanics and icons, little cohesion, a nonsense story but man... killing orcs has never been so much fun. :yes:

Been playing this for a few hours now, albeit on PC because £30 vs. £50 duh, and it's a great game with a terrible interface and almost no tutorials about game mechanics. If you liked Shadow of Mordor, you'll like like this one as well. There is a bewildering number of mechanics and icons, little cohesion, a nonsense story but man... killing orcs has never been so much fun. :yes:
Are the animations refined in the final game?

Back