Final Fantasy XV [XO, PS4, PC]

Yay they gonna bring back the off road with regalia!

Combined with their plan for continuous updates and multiplayer....

I wonder, does they originally planned ffxv to be optional online breathing and keeps updating world? Where npc friends and real human friends can be brothers and explore?

Like Destiny, but more personal, more group based.

Free driving mode would be great! Then it'll be like an RPG in GTA game.
I've delibrately held off playing the XV because of these future game-improving patches. Maybe now if they plan to put free driving in some future patch, I'll just keep on grinding at chapter 3, doing hunts and stuff.

Just started playing this, first FF game since I dipped my toes into XIII (for about 20 minutes). Before that I remember something on the PS1 but I've never been a big fan of turn based JRPGs (even though I'm an Anime addict). I'm liking it so far though; the open world roaming at the beginnng is fun, character dialogue is entertaining. The day night cycle (don't go out at night) reminds me of Dragon Dogma (which I really enjoyed - that should be remastered!) and that's a good thing. So far so good!

I think Maagho's lasagna in Altissa is the only dish giving 100% exp boost.

Sorry yes, you are of course correct. I did get the Lasagna there, beamed back to Lustalum and did some hunts. Speaking of the diner at Altissia - I couldn't help but notice that Caviar dishes for 300k Gil. Is that for real? I am level 79 now and I after having done many many hunts (up to level 5 I think), I have just about saved up 270k. Minus 30k for the hotel and I am down to 240k. Spending 300k on a dish that only lasts a day in game sounds overkill to me. Even if you 'learn' the recipe, you will still be dishing out 100k for the ingredients as the Caviar costs 100k in the nearby store in Altissia. How on earth can one warrant these kind of prices for food with such a short/narrow span? I don't see the point...

Unless, you might require such a dish for a one-time-optional-side-quest-boss-encounter, but from what I read, some of these optional bosses are seriously overpowered and take longer than an in-game-day-cicle to beat. Or is there a way to prolong the effect of the dishes to multiple days?

I'm just baffled... I'm at level 79, so technically "close" to being maxed out (ok, I know it takes longer the higher you progress in levels), yet I get the feeling that some of the things in this game are completely out of reach?

Sorry yes, you are of course correct. I did get the Lasagna there, beamed back to Lustalum and did some hunts. Speaking of the diner at Altissia - I couldn't help but notice that Caviar dishes for 300k Gil. Is that for real? I am level 79 now and I after having done many many hunts (up to level 5 I think), I have just about saved up 270k. Minus 30k for the hotel and I am down to 240k. Spending 300k on a dish that only lasts a day in game sounds overkill to me. Even if you 'learn' the recipe, you will still be dishing out 100k for the ingredients as the Caviar costs 100k in the nearby store in Altissia. How on earth can one warrant these kind of prices for food with such a short/narrow span? I don't see the point...

Unless, you might require such a dish for a one-time-optional-side-quest-boss-encounter, but from what I read, some of these optional bosses are seriously overpowered and take longer than an in-game-day-cicle to beat. Or is there a way to prolong the effect of the dishes to multiple days?

I'm just baffled... I'm at level 79, so technically "close" to being maxed out (ok, I know it takes longer the higher you progress in levels), yet I get the feeling that some of the things in this game are completely out of reach?

You really just need one more sleep in Altissia with a good amount of accumulated XP to get to lvl 99. Even then you don't exactly become a god so some higher level enemies will still take a little bit of effort, but certainly a lot less than before.

The new DLC will have a new level cap (120) so that will be fun.

Sold the game and am not missing it at all. that speaks for th eimpact it had on me. I had thought it would play all the DLCs, I might still by rebuying but there is no immediate urge to play. Usually, if I play a good game I instantly start the second playthrough.

i wish im like you. I keep hoarding games :(

it was not a problem ages ago when i was a true pirate that sails together with a bunch other pirates... now it became huge problem.

hmm i think im lookng at this wrong. I should simply get (or make) better job and i can collect all FFXV DLCs without remorse!

The new DLC will have a new level cap (120) so that will be fun.
What DLC? You mean the boys' DLCs? I thought you started from scratch on each character and the leveling wouldn't even carry over to the main game.

Having not really played an FF before this one and being fairly new to the experience I'm wondering were they all as frustratingly tedious as this one? It started off well until the imperial soldiers started turning. Everywhere. All the f***ing time. I can't complete a quest without having fight my way through legions of boringly identical cannon fodder. Ooh look a new monster type to fight, 2 seconds later, well bugger me if there isn't a squad of pure tedium to fight as well. It's very rapidly sucked any fun I was having out of the game. Is this normal? Because if it is this will be my last FF for sure. :(

i wish im like you. I keep hoarding games :(

it was not a problem ages ago when i was a true pirate that sails together with a bunch other pirates... now it became huge problem.

hmm i think im lookng at this wrong. I should simply get (or make) better job and i can collect all FFXV DLCs without remorse!
I am a hoarder too, cannot let go of any game. I consciously made an effort to seel my discs just now. I am such a hoarder that I buy them all digital so that there is no chance to sell :p ...and that is exactly why I was worried I would miss the game th emoment it goes away from me, but apparently, I just don't ! clearly showed I wasn't really enjoying it as much as I thought. For example, I cannot sell Witcher 3 ever even though thats also on disc, nor can I sell MGSV, even if I finally finish it someday. HAven't even sold some ps3 games I still have. So, yea, I am as much a hoarder as u or maybe even more :p

60 fps Ps4Pro patch is out. It's pretty good but it replaces the lite mode, so no more locked 30 w/o stuttering for Ps4Pro. Played a bit and it's pretty good but I wish they'd give us the option to switch between 30 fps lock and 60 fps variable.

They also either increased AF in lite mode or decreased the AF in high mode, they look very similar, if not the same (in terms of AF):

Lite (60 fps):
finalfantasyxv_2017020mqqv.png

High(30 fps):
finalfantasyxv_201702neqq7.png

My memory might be off, but IMO, the game runs pretty damn smooth most of the time even on the standard PS4 and I'd call myself quite framerate sensitive. Maybe I'm just used to all the 30fps games though, so any game running at 40+ framerate (or 60 with frame loss) feels amazing already. :/

Dungeons seem to run at an almost locked 60. That alone justifies the inclusion of this option.

On the other hand, it is bizarre that the 60 fps cap is not an option, and it instead replaces the previous Lite mode.

Back