NieR: Automata [PS4]

Finally played the demo and liked it, but was a tad bit too easy on normal. I could spam the gun to get out of anything honestly. Kepp R1 pressed and u r pretty much fine. But I like the combat style and how it does combos automatically. I would like it to a bit more difficult in the final game, cos it didnt require much thinking at all and I am not even that good at fast action games.
But I wish the IQ was better considering its the same texture all over and everything is pretty much boxes. I was expecting better gfx, even at 60fps.

Come on, I know it's 60fps and I know we keep banging on about bloody Battlefront/field, but 60fps games can look much, much better than this, with AA too!

Maybe it's time to stop defending bad graphics for the sake of 60fps, when the evidence is there to show that 60fps can look friggin amazing.

Come on, I know it's 60fps and I know we keep banging on about bloody Battlefront/field, but 60fps games can look much, much better than this, with AA too!

Maybe it's time to stop defending bad graphics for the sake of 60fps, when the evidence is there to show that 60fps can look friggin amazing.

The game doesn't look bad. It does looks like ps3 ganes tho...

My point exactly. If it looks like a ps3 game, it looks bad for a ps4 game. Artistically it's great, of course. But technically it's embarrassing.

This game was in development hell right? I thought it was announced many years ago.

Probably explains the PS3 look.

Argh the demo was super fun. But I keep getting distracted with the last generation look.

Hmm maybe will buy when it got a discount or if the release price is around 40 dollars

I'm pretty sure Platinum doesn't have the kinda means these industry behemoths with their near limitless budgets enjoy on a yearly basis. Gameplay and art were both superb I thought. Cannot wait to get my hands on this thing.

Budgets and technical knowhow factor into these types of experiences, especially in Japan where AA games are generally the highest things go outside of major publishers like Sony and SE. Even From is mostly great art and major refinements of their previous strategies.

This is a technical oriented website, but some perspective is needed about developer priorities based on how they have always developed games and their limitations. They are not all visuals, all cutting edge graphics and pristine presentation.

Is there HDR in it?

I don't think I can ever play any other game without HDR in my living room. First Uncharted 4 and now FFXV. I went to see the list of games using HDR and bought Ratchet&Clank and The Last Guardian, so those two are in the pipeline to play next.

I don't know if I can ever go back, I'm just so spoiled :(

Is there HDR in it?

I don't think I can ever play any other game without HDR in my living room. First Uncharted 4 and now FFXV. I went to see the list of games using HDR and bought Ratchet&Clank and The Last Guardian, so those two are in the pipeline to play next.

I don't know if I can ever go back, I'm just so spoiled :(
As in supporting HDR TV ?

As in supporting HDR TV ?

As in sending a signal with HDR through the HDMI port. Which also usually means the game was developed with HDR in mind.

I was definitely not talking about the 10 year-old adoption of HDR pixel shaders, if that's what you were asking..

Worse part is all video in the demo are pre recorded video at 900p 30hz and don't even look that great graphically with the retarded transparent black letterbox. Like WTF seriously

The director of Nier Automata talks about the controversy regarding the main character's butt.
EkWEdsS.jpg

ilGN0i5.png

rY9hMI6.jpg

Back