Ni-oh third person (Demons/Dark Souls Ninja Gaiden-ish) [PS4]

8-4 Play crew was blown away when they played it briefly at TGS 2015. I'm very surprised that Team Ninja is offering this early access to the game.

8-4 Play crew was blown away when they played it briefly at TGS 2015. I'm very surprised that Team Ninja is offering this early access to the game.
The game was in dev hell for ages. It was announced as a ps3 launch title. I won't be surprised if team ninja has been working on this for a while.

And I would not be surprised if they totally paused with it for a long time, and then resumed after nextgen consoles arrived.

Looks a bit like Onimusha to me. I keep an eye on it.

I was thinking about that game too but forgot to mention it.

Also I was gonna delete the thread and rename it to just "Ni-oh (Sony/Team Ninja PS4 exclusive)" as I'm feeling like it's more Ninja Gaiden and Onimusha than Souls game...although I initially thought that...

Was it Team Ninja from the start or did they switch dev team mid development?
Well, the game was first announced it was just a Koei game, because the fusion between Koei and Tecmo was still to be made. It was supposed to came out on PS3 as a launch-window title, in 2006. I think we have had only CGI trailer of this first version of the game. In 2009 Koei fused with Tecmo and in 2010 announced that the game was still in development, in the hands of Team Ninja

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nioh

I'd wager that story script and vision wise this game had film like development aside from company mergers and hardware transitions.

There were two Ninja Gaiden games...well technically a remake and a sequel last gen...in a way I'm surprised there wasn't more or an attempt by Capcom to return to Onimusha series.

This game has been in planning since 2004 so now it's finally coming together as a PS4 title that no doubt may target Onimusha and Ninja Gaiden styles while appealing to western audiences.

Guess we'll find out more come the end of April.

I've played the two betas. The gameplay is excellent, I've spent so much time in the second beta... Very glad to see Team Ninja back on form :yes:

I played the second demo. It was timed so could not play a LOT but it was good, it lacked the atmosphere and grip of a Souls game but the combat seemed effective if a tad bit over complicated, those stances.

It looks like the new demo will arrive online tomorrow! I don't plan to play it a lot [gotta save my time for a full game], but I am very interested to see how will it perform on my Pro.

Bah another timed demo on a weekend i wont be home. Die u marketing guy who came up with this idea :mad:

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

This spring is bloody ridiculous. Gravity Rush, Nioh, Resident Evil, Yakuza 0, Horizon, Mass Effect Andromeda, Torment, Persona 5, Nier ...
And if you're so inclined, you may also wanna get your hands on the Switch and get some Zelda goodness.

This spring is bloody ridiculous. Gravity Rush, Nioh, Resident Evil, Yakuza 0, Horizon, Mass Effect Andromeda, Torment, Persona 5, Nier ...
And if you're so inclined, you may also wanna get your hands on the Switch and get some Zelda goodness.
YEs, its so damn good that I will have to shut my eyes or lose all my money, which I have already done uptill last december too ! and I just bought Dragon Quest Heroes cos it was on sale at amazon and I had never tried one and it looked very Diablo-ish yet happy and charming ! I know I can tide through it all except Persona 5 , I think cos that looks so damn different from it all that I can't help getting weak in the knees and give up for a breath of fresh air !

Anyways, Whats Torment? What is it I am missing out on?

For those who think that this is slow paced game where user needs to carefully approach every encounter...

It can be that.... but it can also be so much more. :D
Japan and PS4 are both on a rollicking ride right now ! I :love: it all ! ans I am so happy to see Japan come back so confident with all these titles finally ! I was really sad to see Japan gaming industry in shambles after the flood and when this gen began.

Back