Favorite Need For Speed games?

Porsche Unreleased, I prefer sim racing games and that is the only one they make. I have fond memories of that, not only did I think it looked good but the driving experience was good too.
Moby Dick :cool:

Last edited:
I think the first 6 games were great, then the rot started to set in
most wanted (nfs 9) was a return to form
carbon wasn't as good (reminded me of an underground/most wanted hybrid)
Pro street terrible convoluted menu system (why cant I just choose a car and choose a track)
shift was great
Never played Need for Speed World
Hot Pursuit 2010 was fun but poor steering wheel support
Shift 2 was great
The Run was bad, controller issues, what is it with dice the frostbite engine and input that they allways manage to f*** it up QTE's with prompts that display xbox pad buttons when your not using an xbox pad
Most Wanted 2012 was good but suffered from electronic arts (want to drive this car just click here to go online and purchase it)
Rivals ruined by frostbite and their input issues a racing game that doesnt support steering wheels - seriously

*** Rant Time ***
(reppi for the love of god please get the guy in charge of program input for the frostbite engine fired he's obviously an incompetent idiot
When you have 2 buttons that perform the same action knowing you need to allow for both keys is beyond him,
doing it once is bad enough, but then to do it in the sequel what a nugget
realising hardcoding keys is a bad when you allow the user to rebind them is beyond him
Direct Input obviously some thing totally foreign to the guy)
*** End of Rant ***

*changed sebbi to reppi tnx ToTTenTranz

Last edited:
I'm starting to like it a lot more

Ghost Games has shared a new Q&A for Need For Speed, in which it revealed that the game won't be plagued by paid DLCs or micro-transactions. Need For Speed is coming to the PC in Spring 2016 and will have an unlocked framerate!
Q) Will there be paid DLC?
A) We plan to release a series of free content updates for Need for Speed. We currently have no plans for any paid DLC.

Q) Will there be micro transactions?
A) There will be no micro transactions.

Q) Will there be manual transmission / split screen / wheel support?
A) There are many features that people are asking for, these are among many things that we are investigating.

NFS3 Hot Pursuit was the first game that made me realize not all graphics cards were the same. My dad was so proud when I asked for a new GPU for Christmas at 12 years old. :cool:

Back