Final Fantasy XV [XO, PS4, PC]

They're probably outsourcing VII-R to a third party developer like CyberConnect2, who wouldn't have a clue on how to use Luminous anyway, and all of Luminous tech support is working on XV.

Why would they spend the resources building the Luminous engine (I can't even imagine the total cost of doing that) just for one game? Talk about waste of money, they could have built it on UE4 to begin with.

The current open-world game using UE4 releasing next year and is in early access doesn't look that great and runs poorly even on a GTX 980. Even episode Duscae looks better than this.

http://i.imgur.com/NWCLT8g.jpg

Considering one of SE's goals was to bridge the gap between real-time and pre-rendered cutscenes, then UE4 just wouldn't be an option. SE's other titles don't have the same graphical goals.

What did i say about the luminous engine? http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/08/gc-2015-final-fantasy-vii-remake-wont-run-on-luminous-engine/

FFVII remake apparently won't run on that.
I think the problem is that they even haven't finished the engine. Final version of luminous is version 2.0, while currently FF15 demo only uses version 1.5.

This engine should be finished in 2016, and at that time FF7re should enter mass production. Maybe FF7re will adopt luminous 2.0?

By the way, the latest trailer "dawn" is confirmed to be in-game footage :).

Is anyone keeping up with the Active Time Report? Has there been any mentioning of game's current resolution?

Seen that, horrible ATR. They showed nothing. Like 30 to 40 seconds of non-exciting gameplay and a lot of "We have a plan to show stuff in the future".

The previous ATR has been good IMO.
Pretty much the only thing we got gameplay wise this time is this short video...that I liked anyway :yep2:

Fantasy meets reality indeed.

Release that on PC too and it will look even more real.

BTW I wonder how will they hide loading screen in final version with no orerendered cutscene. Limiting the scene to never jumps from place to place?

Last edited:
Tabata spoke abot about Luminous Engine:

I guess we will have to wait and see but now I agree with you Clukos and think that Luminous future isn't exactly clear...pun intended ;)

More info here: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/08/gc-2015-final-fantasy-xv-interview-with-hajime-tabata/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/07085495.html

Famitsu review (Japanese).

There is some misunderstanding in overseas interview.

Tabata told famitsu that when he was asked if FFVII remake will be made with Luminous engine by overseas media,
Tabata just said " Luminous is currently used for producing FFXV, and it hasn't been used in other titles, therefore I don't know."

(Overseas media reports "FFVII re is not planned".)

He also states that currently Luminous is still a custom engine for FFXV. They will consider Luminous to be a general-purpose engine after completing FFXV.

Some other interesting notes:

1, ln the "dawn" trailer, the little girl was LUNA 15 years ago, the little boy was Nocits 15 years ago, and the dog is in current time. All of them are in-game and real-time.

2. They will cooperate with JUST CAUSE 3 developers to make a complete version of airships.

3. Current development state is about 65~70% (including localization and debug)

@RDGoodla thanks! btw do you know something like chrome google translate but instead of translating Japanese, it show them as romaji?

i cant read hiragana/katakana/kanji but i understand romaji... ugh what a weird half-asses language skill...

@RDGoodla thanks! btw do you know something like chrome google translate but instead of translating Japanese, it show them as romaji?

i cant read hiragana/katakana/kanji but i understand romaji... ugh what a weird half-asses language skill...

Learn hiragana/katakana, it doesn't take long.

Learn hiragana/katakana, it doesn't take long.
learned katakana and a bit hiragana years ago but i never able to read quick. Always took long time. then since i installed Google translate on phone, i forgot all of them except some easy few (rotated "e" is "no").

ffxvscreenshot__2_3hbkj.jpg

ffxvscreenshot__3_ygbw1.jpg

ffxvscreenshot__1_z2y25.jpg

vegetation draw distance / tree LOD scaling is much better than in Duscae demo.

xemaotgylk.jpg

Back