The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Saw some footage of theopen world. looks super, other than that wind though, which makes its "suspension of disbelief" breaking appearance again and again. Game is looking lovely, hope it plays well too and if the open world has seasons, then I will be damned this game will have a looooong life on my ps4.

Haha, there's almost no point linking to youtube videos - they're removed pretty quickly. The same with Twitch. The review embargo lifts tomorrow so maybe CDPR will be more lenient if streams avoid story missions. That seemed to be the approach Ubisoft were taking with Assassin's Creed Unity and we all know Ubisoft are evil.

Saw some footage of theopen world. looks super, other than that wind though, which makes its "suspension of disbelief" breaking appearance again and again. Game is looking lovely, hope it plays well too and if the open world has seasons, then I will be damned this game will have a looooong life on my ps4.

Yeah, I wish they'd dial the wind back some. I can see why they'd want to cranked up a little for demostrations, so they can emphasise how alive the world is, but it seems excessive in almost every video. Maybe in the day 1 patch.

I just wanna see some high bitrate Gamersyde vids of the console versions, say a good 10min of it with vast expansive field in the 5pm sun set lighting:). Oh hell any high bitrate vid would do as I'm sick of those YT clips that make the PC ultra look like running on low.

So, is the Xbox One version dynamic resolution? Is that what they mean by "dynamic scaling".

Oh man, you shouldn't share that, I hadn't seen the video and now I want this game even more. And I have not enough money this month. I love the shadows of the woods projecting on the terrain and the water. So realistic, very few games do that. (well, in fact, almost none whatsoever) The game looks incredible.

As for the dynamic resolution, that's a good question. This official video's description just says this.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Official Xbox One Gameplay with dynamic scaling from 900p to 1080p.

Last edited:
Oh man, you shouldn't share that, I hadn't seen the video and now I want this game even more. And I have not enough money this month. I love the shadows of the woods on the terrain and the water. So realistic, very few games do that. (well, in fact, almost none whatsoever) The game looks incredible.
Sell a kidney. Or your girlfriends kidney, she really only needs one. And you may go off her with time anyway :runaway:

As for the dynamic resolution, that's a good question. This official video's description just says this.

CDPR tweeted earlier: Check out the official gameplay footage from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on @xbox One in 1080p via dynamic scaling.

Nice if the game is scaling from 900p up as scene complexity allows! :yes:

EDIT: confirmed, a tweet from CDPR Community Manager, Marcin Momot: @CapellPro85 @witchergame @xbox This is upscaled in-game automatically. It ranges from 900p to 1080p where available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamersyde HQ video (1.6Gb) of the recently released Xbox One gameplay and the UI/HUD options on consoles - courtesy of GAF user, Tovarisc.

CEtLQYKVIAABNJn.jpg:orig

CEtLjLvUgAIwyX6.jpg:orig

CEtL0WEUgAEDeSO.jpg:orig

CEtMC5aVIAAm84K.jpg:orig

They delivered HUD customization as promised.
MUST BUY then ;)

Hopefully there is a visual cue like when low HP otherwise it's going to be problematic to play without HUD.

Good news for the Bone users, this game so needs to be seen in its native res as much as possible due to the dense foliage sprawled landscape and vastness of the LOD. Wonder what percentage that 1080p would kick in tho. 7 more days till my PS4 box comes in !

When Gerald is fighting the Drowners around 2 minutes in, his health looks to be regenerating in combat, which is a surprise because I thought health regeneration wasn't a thing in this game.

Perhaps it's a skill or ability in one of the trees, or perhaps it's something that coverts damage or deflected damage into health.

The player is eating a variety of food that gives vitality regeneration for short periods. The food items are on the bottom left corner of the HUD.

Back