Movie Reviews 2.0

I haven't heard of that movie yet, sounds incredible.

I might have to make the extra trip time to see it in IMAX 70mm

I've just watched Interstellar. A bit boring at first, then it became good, then great. I like the ending. It would also be great if they make an epilogue just to extend the ending.
It isn't all good though. I dislike a couple of parts. But overall a good movie, especially because I like space exploration kind of movie and there are only few out there.

In my opinion, it's a movie with a split personality. The movie overall is unfortunately not as good as I hoped. It has a split personality - for every hard science element, there's a completely fake one as well, and sometimes the plot and the characters abandon all logic too. It's even more annoying because in every case it would have been easy to come up with a logical and scientifically correct solution, especially because other movies and novels have already done it all. Black holes, time dilatation, and so on...

It's also not as spectacular as we were told. It borrows heavily from Gravity and Prometheus, but it fails to live up to how well those scenes were done, both in the realistic space travel and the more monumental pieces.
The music is really good, but it has only one note and once you've heard it it's all the same onwards.

But it is reasonably effective overall, I can see it faring well in the box office. The emotional elements are fine IMHO, work well, it's just disappointing that they've failed to support it with a coherent script.

Sounds like every other Zimmer score to be honest.

I don't know, to me it's more elevated, the organs lend it a religious tone that I haven't heard in his work before. Unfortunately it's a one trick pony, there's nothing remarkable beyond what's in this track.

For me, only the whole ghost thing is a bit cringe worthy, although I don't know if they can do it in another way. But that probably only bothers sci-fi fans more than average viewers.
But this illogical decision really bothers me
Where Mann lied and tried to get saved is okay. But the lie after that was making me really annoyed and when he tried to go off by himself...
Anyway, I like the little girl. Nice lips err... acting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Interstellar.

So did David Brin. And if anybody wants to trade hard s-f street cred with David Brin, then be my guest.

I loved Interstellar.

So did David Brin. And if anybody wants to trade hard s-f street cred with David Brin, then be my guest.

stephen baxter?
hehe low I know, I do like brin but baxter for the win, though hes been shit for the last decade
I like how this film (aint seen it yet) was filmed fullscreen cause the director believes in giving the vierer (i.e. us) the best possible experience. F that squashed screen stuff

stephen baxter?
hehe low I know, I do like brin but baxter for the win, though hes been shit for the last decade
I like how this film (aint seen it yet) was filmed fullscreen cause the director believes in giving the vierer (i.e. us) the best possible experience. F that squashed screen stuff
What you mean it was filmed full screen?

I've just watched Big Hero 6. Definitely kids movie, but the humor is nicely done that adults probably can enjoy it too. There's an after credit scene which isn't important. Basically it's just a nod to someone. What is great is the short movie at the beginning.

Edit: and curiously, if I'm not missing anything, the scene on the teaser trailer for Big Hero 6 isn't actually there in the movie (where the armor pops out from the robot). Actually, the whole thing is a bit different (the location, the way it played out, etc). Maybe I unconsciously sleeping through that scene? Is this a case that they just want to redo the scene for the full movie or they just want to make some kind of blooper scene as a teaser trailer?

Last edited:
Interstellar is an easy 10/10. Christopher Nolan is the best big movie director of our time, by a huge distance.

Back