Forza 5 [XO] *large pics inside*

Hey guys, the vid is from me. Just wanted to make a 60fPS version of the video until Gamersyde releases a proper one. Forza (mainline) just looks weird in 30fps. Also youtube was the source I used :p
ha ha, you are fun as hell sometimes. I don't want you to get banned here like on GAF, lol, good times.

I haven't watched your video, AllNets piqued my interest but I can't, the browser asks me if I want to download your file, which weighs just 345 bytes. I haven't figured out what to do. AllNets opinion is fine to know what to expect :D

cheers!

I saw the video. It looks good, but is it me or does it have a load of jaggies?
In addition for some reason, it looks kind of underwhelming. Sure it is more impressive than 5 but it doesnt have the punch I d expect from next gen

ha ha, you are fun as hell sometimes. I don't want you to get banned here like on GAF, lol, good times.

I haven't watched your video, AllNets piqued my interest but I can't, the browser asks me if I want to download your file, which weighs just 345 bytes. I haven't figured out what to do. AllNets opinion is fine to know what to expect :D

cheers!

lol I understand that.

I don't understand the logic of Turn 10 PR putting out 30fps footage of a 60fps game. :smile:

I saw the video. It looks good, but is it me or does it have a load of jaggies?
In addition for some reason, it looks kind of underwhelming. Sure it is more impressive than 5 but it doesnt have the punch I d expect from next gen

The youtube video has a lot of artifacts, the quality of the video is horrible.

I don't understand the logic of Turn 10 PR putting out 30fps footage of a 60fps game. :smile:

The youtube video has a lot of artifacts, the quality of the video is horrible.

There's certainly legit jagged edges though (lots of places). Because of the compression though, I'm not sure if it's actually a complete lack of MSAA/post-AA or if their solution is just really awful, bearing in mind that they've never really done proper shading of sub-samples in the past (2xAA was often broken on the 360 games for various reasons) and they might have gone with a really cheap post-AA for this (some of the edges look too clean at times). *shrug* There were a couple spots that might have faint 2xAA shades (MSAA resolve before all the post-processing etc), but the compression introduces a bit of uncertainty IMO.

What's worrying (for this video at least) is that the motion blur would point to it being a replay (hence the 30fps) and no sign of 4xMSAA.

Dunno. I wonder if the video was made for the audio comparison Cyan linked on the previous page, i.e. it's a quick and dirty recording (not as polished as the other tracks we've seen to date) and ultimately, a silly PR move (releasing a graphically non-representative video to a media-starved fanbase :rolleyes: ).

Regardless, this video is not great.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. *shrug*

60FPS version of the latest video for those who care for that stuff. :p

http://www.gamefront.com/files/2372...rect+Feed+Gameplay+_+Bernese+Alps+(60FPS).mp4
Hey guys, the vid is from me. Just wanted to make a 60fPS version of the video until Gamersyde releases a proper one. Forza (mainline) just looks weird in 30fps. Also youtube was the source I used :p

Please stop doing / stop posting your self-made 30 fps to 60 fps upconversion videos.

IMHO it makes no sense at all to do something like that, especially when you're not even telling people that you just did an upconversion.

And IIRC this is not the first time you did that on the Beyond3D forums.

You're just confusing people with that (to put it mildly), especially on a forum like this.

Aw, c'mon guys, its not as if the game looks bad. It looks good, not super special. Racers on both platforms aren't really giving the "next-gen" feel yet.

BTW, the video is up at Gamersyde, but it is still 30fps.:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_5_gameplay_video-14670_en.html

The visuals in the Gamersyde direct feed video look _very_ underwhelming IMHO...

So much for "next-gen"... :cry:

Please stop doing / stop posting your self-made 30 fps to 60 fps upconversion videos.

IMHO it makes no sense at all to do something like that, especially when you're not even telling people that you just did an upconversion.

And IIRC this is not the first time you did that on the Beyond3D forums.

You're just confusing people with that (to put it mildly), especially on a forum like this.

If you don't like it, don't download it. I'll put a warning up next time. I only did it to give a better reference on how smooth the game is supposed to move, however interpolating 30fps footage comes with artifacts. The current algorithm is not as atrocious with artifacts as it was 2 years ago.... So it offers a decent example of 60FPS motion.

And yes, I purposely did Interpolation for that HFR topic. So everyone pretty much figured out that any Hollywood production running in 60FPS is automatically interpolation, barring the official release of The Hobbit.

If you don't like it, don't download it. I'll put a warning up next time. I only did it to give a better reference on how smooth the game is supposed to move, however interpolating 30fps footage comes with artifacts. The current algorithm is not as atrocious with artifacts as it was 2 years ago.... So it offers a decent example of 60FPS motion.

And yes, I purposely did Interpolation for that HFR topic. So everyone pretty much figured out that any Hollywood production running in 60FPS is automatically interpolation, barring the official release of The Hobbit.

You cannot begin to realise what you have done...
People (haters and fans alike) now have your video in their heads as to what Forza5 will look like while playing.
And frame interpolation-artifacts are not even the problem.
The problem is: the game won't have motion-blur and other replay enhancing effects when playing the game.. So it will look even worse than what we thought..
:oops:

On a different note: can you show me how to interpolate the driveclub night-transition footage? Rumor has it that they are now looking at 60fps locked for that game, and I would love to see how that would work. PM me the details if you have the time!

You cannot begin to realise what you have done...
People (haters and fans alike) now have your video in their heads as to what Forza5 will look like while playing.
And frame interpolation-artifacts are not even the problem.
The problem is: the game won't have motion-blur and other replay enhancing effects when playing the game.. So it will look even worse than what we thought..
:oops:

On a different note: can you show me how to interpolate the driveclub night-transition footage? Rumor has it that they are now looking at 60fps locked for that game, and I would love to see how that would work. PM me the details if you have the time!

:???: Good point. My bad.

But yeah... I'll PM you the details on how to interpolate Driveclub

Comparison between F4 and F5 -

Not all the great, but you can see the changes to textures for example.

Comparing off-screen unfinished builds to on screen finished builds... seems legit.

If it wasn't for the aliasing Forza 4 was actually a pretty clean and good looking game. I think it's a injustice to ignore the jump in model quality on track, amount of stuff actually happening around the track, texture quality jump and so on.

As someone who has played thousands of hours of Forza 4, Forza 5 looks head and shoulders above Forza 4.

Not only that but Forza is notorious for the final build being noticeably better than the dev builds. Just look at Forza 4 demo to Forza 4 and Forza 3 demo to Forza 3. The aliasing is there but looks like something they can deal with by launch.

This thread reminded me of why I avoid the thread (constant drop of stealth GT praise). I about ripped out my own eyes.

Watching the video I thought it looked nice (bloom excepted) and sounded great, but something was off. I had to watch it again but now it sticks out like a sore thumb. Beyond the reflection the ambient lighting on the car is incredibly static. Transitions in and out of shadow from the sun have almost no effect at all :(

It really sticks out when watching FM4 side by side. I swear FM4 looks better at time.

All I can say is ouch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPAQa6Scbdc

Just my opinion as an avid FM2/3/4 players. I was hoping for more but I was expecting about what we are seeing. T10's FM2 effort was horrible graphically. FM3 was a huge leap. To me it looks like FM5 is fairly rushed and using a lot of older assets with a next-gen-launch spit shine.

FM6 in 2 years should be leaps and bounds better.

This thread reminded me of why I avoid the thread (constant drop of stealth GT praise). I about ripped out my own eyes.

It really sticks out when watching FM4 side by side. I swear FM4 looks better at time.

All I can say is ouch:

Just my opinion as an avid FM2/3/4 players. I was hoping for more but I was expecting about what we are seeing. T10's FM2 effort was horrible graphically. FM3 was a huge leap. To me it looks like FM5 is fairly rushed and using a lot of older assets with a next-gen-launch spit shine.

You say it's reusing a lot of assets yet the video you linked to shows that the track has been changed quite a bit and again comparing a unfinished game to a complete and polished game. Also the textures, reflections, lighting and environmental/car modeling are much more improved on Forza 5.

Just slowly watch over the video and you can see that it's been retextured and remodeled to a great extent over the version in Forza 4.

Forza 5 is also much darker in parts and the snow reflects a lot more off the sun.

This is what Forza Motorsport 4 actually looks like. (Working on making a Pagani on Bernese video now.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFmlNI7BM4U

Last edited by a moderator:

All I can say is ouch:

Well, thanx for the video, even Forza 4 has the same amount of dense trees and the tunnel has more detail in 4. I hopg th etuneel isn't done yet on FM5. Anyways, This wasn't what I expected to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, thanx for the video, even Forza 4 has the same amount of dense trees and the tunnel has more detail in 4. I hopg th etuneel isn't done yet on FM5. Anyways, This wasn't what I expected to see.

I don't expect tree density to change this isn't exactly a forest.

I wish Forza 4 looked as good as you guys are trying to make it sound.

The textures and the graphics detail are light years away, quality-wise, in Forza 5 from Forza 4. Even so Forza 4 graphics can span a thousand years and still look decent.

What a crisp game, and it runs smooth as silk.

I remember when I purchased Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for the Xbox 360 and a month later I bought Forza 4, and after playing F4 I never went back to NFS, not because I dislike Arcades, it is a very fun game in fact, but because it looked blurry to me despite the fact it runs at 30 fps.

There's certainly legit jagged edges though (lots of places). Because of the compression though, I'm not sure if it's actually a complete lack of MSAA/post-AA or if their solution is just really awful, bearing in mind that they've never really done proper shading of sub-samples in the past (2xAA was often broken on the 360 games for various reasons) and they might have gone with a really cheap post-AA for this (some of the edges look too clean at times). *shrug* There were a couple spots that might have faint 2xAA shades (MSAA resolve before all the post-processing etc), but the compression introduces a bit of uncertainty IMO.

What's worrying (for this video at least) is that the motion blur would point to it being a replay (hence the 30fps) and no sign of 4xMSAA.

Dunno. I wonder if the video was made for the audio comparison Cyan linked on the previous page, i.e. it's a quick and dirty recording (not as polished as the other tracks we've seen to date) and ultimately, a silly PR move (releasing a graphically non-representative video to a media-starved fanbase :rolleyes: ).

Regardless, this video is not great.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. *shrug*

There are jagged edges, of course, but only in some places. From the gamersyde video (60fps but off-screen):

http://i.imgur.com/sr3w9qm.jpg

And in-game:

http://i.imgur.com/nsngidl.jpg

I know I know, it is off-screen, but you can see some jagged edges (in the first picture), I think it is a better source than the bad quality youtube video.

Back