Forza 5 [XO] *large pics inside*

EG - Forza 5 Vid

What struck me as a positive, the sound was good considering this was not a direct feed. Had good bass and was not as flat sounding as other games. Happy here!

The graphics showed were nuts, even with a crappy YT feed you can still tell how good it will look. I guess T10 knows where the hidden dGPU is! ;)

Edit: Direct Feed of the Alps. All I can do is stare at the carbon fiber! The driving line reflections seem to be gone? This is a build that is only a few days old?

Last edited by a moderator:
The lighting on the car looks somewhat off from the environment... Right when it goes into shadow early on, there's basically no change in lighting on it. :|

The tunnel segment was pretty awful - bunch of glow cards in the ceiling. In Forza 4, the lights were baked in there at least!

Not particularly impressed other than the car material looking better than before (and less glossy road vs Forza 4). Even the side pools of water looked bad. :|

Smells like a bad rush to launch. :(

Watching the video I thought it looked nice (bloom excepted) and sounded great, but something was off. I had to watch it again but now it sticks out like a sore thumb. Beyond the reflection the ambient lighting on the car is incredibly static. Transitions in and out of shadow from the sun have almost no effect at all :(

Lighting conditions didn't change at all ... whether the car was in shadows or not .
The tunnel part had glow lights that didn't illuminate the surroundings .
:???:

Did i see volumetric clouds ? That would be really nice .

Lighting conditions didn't change at all ... whether the car was in shadows or not .

The clouds made me pause, really cool stuff. Meh on the shadows, you are always going to have to give something up for the physics I guess. Probably next/next gen when they have to push 4k screens or more we will probably be complaining about things still missing. ;)

Maybe the clouds are done in the cloud! /kidding

I personally will never look at the shadows while racing (although I will admit to using them on the track when racing karts to know how much of a gap I might have, but not the same as this).

Yes, you did. I noticed some little details FM4 didn't have, like the volumetric clouds, it reminded me of Skyrim.

This video shows how the game has improved from Forza Motorsport 4.

They really need to fix the shadowing on the car, it looks very strange. Even current gen games have environmental shadowing regardless whether it's faked or not.

Some japanese website has reported that Forza 5 looked considerably degraded at TGS from the E3 version.

Microsoft says there w as no such issue.

BTW, do we have a directf eed video of the gameplay yet? Have some bandwidth left and would like to donwload a HQ gameplay video, if available.

I believe they were on to something, because comparing the direct feed footage to the E3 footage is, it's not even comparable.
The E3 footage is entirely on a different level. My monitor is calibrated, so that is not the issue with the 60fps footage.

edit:
"No console has ever launched with such a technically impressive racer."
"it's the prettiest next-gen console racer, and it's 60fps."

Honest question: Do you feel the same after watching the direct feed footage?

I believe they were on to something, because comparing the direct feed footage to the E3 footage is, it's not even comparable.
The E3 footage is entirely on a different level. My monitor is calibrated, so that is not the issue with the 60fps footage.

edit:

Yeah, I looks very impresive IMHO.

edit:

There is nothing wrong with the footage imho. The video quality isn't even 720p anyways, that's the main problem with it. The other day Penello said that the game has improved visuals compared to the Gamescom and E3 demos, so I am not even sure whom to believe, when we have an absence of more videos to watch and compare.

We should look at the Prague track in its current form to compare ...
I don't believe it's "downgraded" , maybe Prague got special care since it is the show off track while the Alps one looks like a fast conversion from F4 .
Personally i'm not finding it anything special ..... it looks to me like an upresed Forza 4 with a few enhancements here and there . But there's no next gen racer that i find impressive .

It's worrisome that we still haven't seen a full grid yet , just a few cars on the course . How many cars on track should we expect .... 16 ? 20 ? 8 ?

I need a 60fps direct feed E3 version of Prague to compare.

Because I just looked though my iPhone4 camera application at the current newest direct feed footage of the Alp track, and it looks amazing that way.
Just try it: playback the video on your monitor but watch it through a cellphone with a good camera and screen.

Just looking at the pre-rendered shots, and the direct-feed footage, and not knowing that everything is baked, etcetera, I could easily see how people are impressed.

Newbie question - were all / some of the tracks rebuilt from ground up or refreshed versions from FM4? Yeah they look better / more detailed than FM4 but some tidbits are off from real life tracks.

Newbie question - were all / some of the tracks rebuilt from ground up or refreshed versions from FM4? Yeah they look better / more detailed than FM4 but some tidbits are off from real life tracks.

Apparently the real-world tracks are laser-scanned now. So I expect that they are super accurate. Though the Laguna Seca track that has been showed is not the laser scanned version (come to think of it, that is pretty weird..)

Because I just looked though my iPhone4 camera application at the current newest direct feed footage of the Alp track, and it looks amazing that way.
Just try it: playback the video on your monitor but watch it through a cellphone with a good camera and screen.

Lol... let's be serious . What's this , an elaborate troll ?

Just looking at the pre-rendered shots, and the direct-feed footage, and not knowing that everything is baked, etcetera, I could easily see how people are impressed.

Obviously moving at a breezing fast framerate isn't baked.

Lol... let's be serious . What's this , an elaborate troll ?

Obviously moving at a breezing fast framerate isn't baked.

It's not troll: I am saying that the offscreen effect on the video is amazing. While the actual direct feed video is lacking, IMO. I am not sure if there ever was actual direct feed E3 footage: though what I saw was really impressive, and next-gen indeed

Back