inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

Yup, I keep getting the feeling that I should wait till Infamous arrives before getting a PS4, but then I watch the first KZSF demo in 1080p and it wins me over again ;) ! But definitely, this is the real reason for getting a PS4 as of now. If this was a launch title, I wouldn't think twice before throwing my money at Sony.
I am quite looking forward to KZ:SF. I quite liked Killzone 2 (apart from the script and dialogue) but decided to skip Killzone 3 because I'd had my fill. But I like the idea of playing as a Shadow Marshall, making use of the Owl and being able to complete some missions in my preferred order with benefits/consequences playing out.

Fuelling my PS4 pre-order is wanting to play Watch Dogs on nextgen hardware. Having seen lots of PS4 footage I think I might be disappointed with the graphical fidelity loss of playing it on PS3. Really psyched for GTA V though. It's a good way for me to bow out of this console generation.

Even if 2nd Son is a launch title, I don't think it would be the main graphical showcase of PS4. KZSF is at this point undeniably the most technically and graphically competent launch title for the platform at least in my opinion. I still don't see anything from Infamous 2nd son that comes any where close to the city level of ShadowFall, maybe if SP shows a level with bigger scale and populated with people, traffics etc, as good as it looks currently I just don't think graphics wise it'll sell consoles.

Even if 2nd Son is a launch title, I don't think it would be the main graphical showcase of PS4. KZSF is at this point undeniably the most technically and graphically competent launch title for the platform at least in my opinion. I still don't see anything from Infamous 2nd son that comes any where close to the city level of ShadowFall, maybe if SP shows a level with bigger scale and populated with people, traffics etc, as good as it looks currently I just don't think graphics wise it'll sell consoles.

Have you played the first two? Infamous never sold because of graphics. It sold because it was a friggin cool and fun game.

Have you played the first two? Infamous never sold because of graphics. It sold because it was a friggin cool and fun game.
Oh yeah certainly did and enjoyed them both. Second Son even though doesn't wow me as much as KZ does but still looks amazing in some screenshots, and needless to say it'll be a day one buy for me.

I really like the visuals in this one. I think it has a really nice and colourful style. Animation looks very smooth and detailed too.

image_infamous_second_son-22858-2661_0001.jpg

image_infamous_second_son-22858-2661_0002.jpg

image_infamous_second_son-22858-2661_0003.jpg

image_infamous_second_son-22858-2661_0004.jpg

image_infamous_second_son-22858-2661_0005.jpg

image_infamous_second_son-22858-2661_0006.jpg

That's another one on the pre-order list! It's starting to get a little crowded now, I forecast a close call with bankruptcy before the end of the year!!

Yeah, this is looking like a great reason to get a PS4. If it plays as good as it looks it will be the best launch window game IMO.

Why do the particles only come from the letters, not the Owl? Seems arbitrary ... but maybe they did it so they didn't have to be reflected? (The Owl has an interesting reflection)

Back