Official February 20, 2013 Playstation event

Letting yourself get hyped up is on your own responsibility; you should know better than that, especially if you're an adult... ;)

I boarded the hype train from day 1 and couldn't get off. :oops:

What I noticed is usually with a tease like this, there will be people who complain about an "announcement of announcement", but not this time. I see people are hyped for the PS4, people are expectant of next gen, people are apprehensive/hoping Sony may not deliver, but I've yet to see a single complaint about Sony dragging it out over 3 weeks.

To me, this is a sign that gamers really want to see next gen consoles. People have waited long enough for a leap in power and the market should be receptive.

I ain't spending a week downloading Home just to watch promo videos! Sony invited to Home when it was crap, and have done nothing to win me back. It's a lousy front-end to a glorified PR channel. If they have announcements, what's so frickin' wrong with a PlayStation Channel on the TV services section in XMB, and a front-screen announcement of what's coming on it?

Well actually, it would be pretty cool if that's what we did - all of us going into Home, setting up a party and/or chat, and discuss the announcements with each other live.

You'd be surprised how fast a fresh install brings you into Home these days, and how small the download really is. It's come a long way, and there is a ridiculous amount of content, some of it even fun. ;)

In fact so much content has been coming out recently that I'm starting to think we'll get an announcement about it at the Event too.

cad-20130220-07292.png

Streaming in Home is fun because of silly comments in the crowd. But the streaming quality was affected by other activities in the client.

In PS4, they should show the video stream quickly first, like a regular video player and let the user load and zoom out into the 3D Home world with press of a button.

I received a $10 credit for PS Store yesterday in the XMB inbox.

If they were to use Home to promote online events, it is customary to have lucky draws, surveys, and other fun activities before, during and after the "show". So yes, I think Sony should seriously beef up Home.

Otherwise, it's just a 3D skin for a video player.

Please, let The Last Guardian be a launch title. I'm gonna import the damned console if that's the case (assuming we Europeans get the usual sloppy seconds console release of course)

They should be able to ramp up manufacturing of these more quickly than the PS3. No exotic components which had yield issues at the time like the Blu-Ray drive or the Cell.

The CPU and GPU aren't the newest components right? They've been manufacturing them for the PC market? Though maybe in much higher volumes than AMD is used to?

I think they are components from AMD not yet on the market? At least I don't think the Jaguar cores are. But the big bottleneck for PS3 wasn't even the Cell, it was the blue laser diode. And getting software presentable for launch to run on the thing, never mind the tricky development environment with very little in the way of tools etc. This machine is going to be far easier to get games up and running on.

I think I'll go to sleep for two hours and wake up to watch it. Any idea how long the event will be? If they don't reveal the damn thing, I'll nuke their HQ.

I imagine it will be Orbis, people are used to it now and it hasn't been ridiculed like Wii so why not.

I think they are components from AMD not yet on the market? At least I don't think the Jaguar cores are. But the big bottleneck for PS3 wasn't even the Cell, it was the blue laser diode. And getting software presentable for launch to run on the thing, never mind the tricky development environment with very little in the way of tools etc. This machine is going to be far easier to get games up and running on.

Yep.

Should have plenty of games and systems available at launch ... the tide could turn early if Sony plays this one right!

Excited to see the unveil! :D

Back