News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Playstation blog says:

Duly, to celebrate PS4′s global debut we’re inviting early birds to join PlayStation and Spike TV live on 15th November from 4.00am GMT in New York City for the PS4 All Access: Greatness Awaits special event! Tune in via UStream or right here on PlayStation Blog to see exclusive world premieres and announcements about the PS4 games that will define 2014 and beyond.

When Yoshida laughed at E3, I never figured out if that was:
A. an honest, friendly, and charismatic laugh, expressing how happy he was to be at E3.
B. the machiavellian laugh of an uber powerful demon expressing contentment at all the souls in the audience.

It could be either, or both. :D

Well... What is nextgen defining gaming ? :)
1080p seems shaky.
Social stuff...the only thing I am interested in are solid party system (that's this gen), and spectating.
VR + Move may not be ready

Games ? Seems too rush for ND's game. The only void is from the Japan Studios. The Last Guardian, Demon's Souls 2 would certainly be welcomed. Another SingStar ?

He is remarkable. Forget E3 and commercials, he's doing the best PR for PS4.

That's what prompt and sincere communication does for a company: wins loyal supporters.

For people like myself who have pre-ordered a PS4, it makes it easier to be excited and enjoy the product I am spending so much money on.

It just makes the whole process feel so much better for the end user.

I don't think I could explain how deeply impressed I am that Sony has not stooped down to the same mudslinging tactics that other companies might have done in the same situation.

It really does inspire confidence in their brand for me, and I'm happy to see Sony, who has helped deliver me so many great times over the years, on their A-game.
That's why I trust shuhei more.
The bluntness of his comment is fabulous! Hahaha... oh man, he is too awesome.

I don't think I could explain how deeply impressed I am that Sony has not stooped down to the same mudslinging tactics that other companies might have done in the same situation.

While it's cool to have immediate feedback via that twitter account Sony is still very capable of being evil (Rockstar patent troll attack against Android, anti-consumer / freedom lobbying efforts of Sony's media arm worldwide, etc.) We also still have PS4 issues like no external USB drive support lurking (with no commitment that this situation will ever change).

Cheers

I will always be in the line to criticize a company for anti-consumer practices, Sony is not excluded from this for me, despite my fan behaviour towards PlayStation.

I wouldn't call suing Google an anti-consumer or evil behavior. That's business. Google sued MS and Apple using SEP patents. That's business too.

Yes, I believe the Rockstar entity is actually a group of companies.

As to the benefits and losses that the consumers may experience as a result of the litigation involving Google and Rockstar, I do not fully understand.

I believe technology patents, especially for computer software and code and so forth, need to be overhauled for the modern times. But I can't really sit here and pretend like I know what is happening with that patent war right now.

As far as I know, it is a patent war based on properties acquired in the fallout of the Canadian technology company Nortel Networks. That's the limit of my knowledge on that subject. Unfortunately, my uncle used to work for that company before it collapsed, but I digress.

I'm sure that everyone is within the bounds of the law here in putting these lawsuits forward. However, this behaviour by companies will not stop until legislation is changed. Then changes in behaviour will be global (or national at least).

Until then, obviously all the companies aforementioned have the right to seek damages or reparations for their benefit and interest, irrespective of how it affects us unfortunately, within the bounds of those laws. These are the laws now, and the companies will use those laws to their advantage.

Updating an old patent system is a goal that is better for the short and long term if people, government, or consumers want real change. Anything less than that would just be bandaging the bleeding without fixing the wound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone_wars

www.groklaw.net

Look at the hundreds of patent trolling suits, it's Apple and Microsoft all over the place. Google is defending themselves. Sony tries to stay away.

IANAL. One of the reason to join a patent pools is to get immunity and avoid being sued for these patents. Sony has one of their 3 most important pillars that is 100% dependent on Android. If they didn't join the patent pool they'd probably be sued for billions AND injunctions. By joining the purchase, they get immunity, otherwise they'd be at risk of being at the other end of the suit. You can see they managed to stay away from the bullshit trolling lawsuits better than most other android vendors. It looks like HTC keeps bowing to pressure, paying up protection money (aka patent agreement), and they STILL get sued by MS and Apple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony don't have $$$ to fight those type of war.

MS sue to have Android manufacturers pay for royalties and succeeded.

Apple sue Samsung and HTC for copying. Samsung countersued Apple with SEP patents but got into trouble. HTC countersued also but settled with Apple.

MS invited Google to bid together for Nortel's patent pool but Google rejected. Bicker over the net. Went to buy Motorola instead.

Motorola/Google sued MS and Apple over SEP patents infringement. Seems fruitless (Also got into trouble).

Now Rockstar sue Google.

At the end of the day, the companies will likely end up paying each other.

EDIT: All these big companies get sued by patent trolls all the time. Some of these trolls are sponsored by their rivals.

At the end of the day, the companies will likely end up paying each other.
This is the supreme irony of this kind of litigation.

They should pay extra in taxes for their "judicious use of the justice system." Give all that complete waste of resources and time to people who could actually benefit from it lol.

Back on topic...

Does anyone else honestly realize that the launch is only 9 days away? I can barely believe it... the amazing thing is I will have so much free time to waste on my PS4 when I get it. Couldn't have come at a better time for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone_wars

www.groklaw.net

Look at the hundreds of patent trolling suits, it's Apple and Microsoft all over the place. Google is defending themselves. Sony tries to stay away.

It's not like google dropped exchange support for gmail to cripple windows phone gmail integration. Or the youtube client debacle that's still ongoing. Google wouldn't like nothing better than getting rid of windows phones :) Google is no less evil than microsoft or any other company fighting for mobile market share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back