Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Overall the frame rate is fairly consistent on x1. I would be lying if I said it never dipped, I'm sure I've caught a moment of dipping at least once. But overall very playable.

Yes I experienced a significant dip at least once Like you say it's fine though.

I'm addicted all over again pretty much.

From what I can vaguely remember of the alpha, the upgrade to 1080P isn't all that big an improvement. But still nice I'm sure.

It took me maybe 4-5 hours to download the 18GB on a 15mbps connection. I used to have 30 mbps and well, that obviously woulda been faster. Anyways, even 18 GB takes a long time. And there's no playing while downloading, it made me wait til 100%.

I did have an odd glitch though, the audio was completely missing a few times after initial download. Only on Destiny, the dashboard still had sounds. And it sometimes happened again after going to dash. I did a hard restart though, that seemed to help a lot, although it still did it once more since then.

I did the buy 360 get X1 thing though, and it went flawless and immediate. The first time I switched to X1 and tried to DL that version it said "unavailable", but within like 10 seconds it had switched to "free". I understand PS3 people who digitally pre-ordered have problems.

Couple of quick points:

I found the digital pre-order/preload process for this game on PS4 to work exactly as it should. Game was ready to go when I wanted to play it save one small patch after logging in to the game servers for the first time. Good stuff.

Level loads are really annoying. I really wish an SSD made as much of a difference as it *should* because I'd probably get a bigger SSD for my PC and pass the current one down to my PS4. Can't really justify the cost/GB vs. when compared to buying a 2TB drive based on the performance improvements I've seen measured.

Level loads are a bit annoying. The earlier missions are short, so if you rush through them it can seem like you're spending a lot of time on loading screens. The issue lessons as the missions get longer, but they're still too long.

After the tunnel stuff, there was free roaming pick up missions on a map stuff.

And you can easily pickup groups and voice chat with them I know I did.

I hope there is more than what the beta showed us, a 12 hour fps game would be disappointing..

I think that is basically what it is. A single player campaign, w/ co-op multiplayer woven in the entire way through. Which is a pretty damn cool concept in it's own right. On top of that, are these MMO-Style multi-day raids that you can play which I assume must be far outside the main campaign.

It is what it is I think. Not bad at all. But the lack of strong story elements, and no real overworld are big bummers for me... I really wish you could explore more of the Citadel town area. Everything in the Citadel seems really stale and cold.

Finally I got destiny and... O felt like an errands boy :/

Go there go here do this that. Telling many stories of story... Instead of showing them.

Btw does bungee have plan to have second user interface for console? Currently it's cumbersome to use analog stick cursor mouse and the fonts are bloody small.

It's completely fine if I play pc games using kbm while sitting close to screen. But this is a console game where people sit far from TV. Why the text are soooooo small.

Last edited by a moderator:
The story and voice acting are cringe inducing. It's so bad. Good thing is, the gameplay is top notch. I'm having a lot of fun. The strike missions are the highlight so far.

Had a session with Orangelupa : Super awesome Fun !
Goty for me, no doubt :) !
Edit: Oh, and Moon never looked so good in any other game ever ! I was so stoked with the sci-fi +dungeon vibe to it ! Beautiful art !

I played with him too last night. Maybe that was me that had joined your session, then you had to go soon after?

Really enjoying the game so far. I was a little bummed the first night because I couldn't get a Fire Team together, and the one I finally joined had 5 people so when it came time to start a mission (up to 3 people), 2 of us had to leave because there weren't activities for that many people yet.

But then I gave it a shot solo, and it's actually still a pretty enjoyable experience. I leveled up to 10 or so on my own.

Moon is indeed awesome looking, especially underground with tons of interesting Hive architecture.

Venus looks OK, somewhere good, somewhere not good. I've not been to Mars yet.

I like the Moon surface the best, so far. The interior is pretty good too. Russia doesn't look that bad, but it's kind of a generic setting for games now, so even though it's well done it doesn't have a unique appeal. I've been to Venus, but only for a few missions.

Edit:
One thing I really appreciate is the launch has been perfect. So far, me and my friends have all had perfect experiences without any connection issues. That in itself is a huge achievement for an online game.

have a unique appeal. I've been to Venus, but only for a few missions.

Edit:
One thing I really appreciate is the launch has been perfect. So far, me and my friends have all had perfect experiences without any connection issues. That in itself is a huge achievement for an online game.

Well yeah, except that it seems that the digital pre-order stuff was pretty messed up, at least for some.
After finally having some time to play, i wondered today where my bonuses were (and what they were as well :)).

Well turns out that somehow the pre-order stuff/season pass stuff wasn't activated, i had to reactivate the licenses on my ps4, i did a power cycle and then the stuff was activated in destiny.

As for the servers, everything seems to run smoothly.

btw Destiny seems put lots of believe in "client" for the data sync. So even if you are lagging, you did not feel the lag as immediate as games that put believe in "server". While lagging, if you shot enemy, the hit will still be immediate, instead of hitting 0.5 seconds later. For comparison, Battlefield heavily trust the "server" so even 200ms lag become very noticable in hit effect (it shown late). and 0.5s lag makes the game unplayable.

this behavior also used in Dragon Nest MMORPG. and i love game like this because i can happily do mission while my other family member also use internet heavily.

but i have not tried the PvP matches so... i dont know whether the trust will change to "server" in pvp.

I played with him too last night. Maybe that was me that had joined your session, then you had to go soon after?

Really enjoying the game so far. I was a little bummed the first night because I couldn't get a Fire Team together, and the one I finally joined had 5 people so when it came time to start a mission (up to 3 people), 2 of us had to leave because there weren't activities for that many people yet.

But then I gave it a shot solo, and it's actually still a pretty enjoyable experience. I leveled up to 10 or so on my own.

You are "Idontbull"? if so then we were together and I left after the moon mission with wave after wave of Titans and the Ogre at the end. My PSN name is the same as here.
BTW, I hate you cos you took the Sword of Crota all for yourself :D !! I wanted that thing in my hand !

and yes, the game is fun even when solo. I was playing solo before I joined you guys.

Here's a list of upcoming events:
upcoming_events_inline.jpg

I am still at level 7, though.

BTW< I thought the level cap was 20, then how is raid listed as Level 26? :???:

i think he is SC_HUNTER. idontbull is other person.

btw i just found out that in the tower, you can turn on the giant fan to make people fly lol

You are "Idontbull"? if so then we were together and I left after the moon mission with wave after wave of Titans and the Ogre at the end. My PSN name is the same as here.
BTW, I hate you cos you took the Sword of Crota all for yourself :D !! I wanted that thing in my hand !

and yes, the game is fun even when solo. I was playing solo before I joined you guys.

Here's a list of upcoming events:
upcoming_events_inline.jpg

I am still at level 7, though.

BTW< I thought the level cap was 20, then how is raid listed as Level 26? :???:

It's level 26 because it will kick your ass ;)

You can actually level above 20, sort of. You can also level your subclass to 20, and I think it shows your player level as a combination of the two. I've seen guys that are level 21, 22 running around. The thing is, in terms of using items, I don't think it actually makes a difference.

but i have not tried the PvP matches so... i dont know whether the trust will change to "server" in pvp.

Probably just as bad as most modern shooters ... backstabs from all angles (on your screen) and getting shot behind solid cover. Oh for the days of LPB supremacy :(

Spent the night finding all the gold chests on Earth and the Moon. Did some public events. Did some bounties and patrols. Good fun exploring and learning the maps.

Some tips:
You can level up the Cryptark(?). Each time you decode an engram, they get exp. If you buy a 250 engram, they'll get +5 exp. If you buy a 375 engram, they'll get +10 exp. So for exp/$, it's best to go for more expensive items. As they rank up, they'll give you better items when you have engrams to decode.

Do not waste your materials on low level items. My level 12 hand cannon is a blue item and requires weapon parts to complete its upgrade tree. I have only seen 12 weapon parts in the time I've played, and it would require 32 weapon parts to upgrade fully. It would be a total waste to use any of them on that item. The level 20 end-game items will undoubtedly require more, so it's best to save to have better items for raids.

The colour of enemies shield bars tells you which type of damage you want to do to bring the shield down, just like in borderlands. For example, orange/red would be fire and blue would be electricity. That's what was explained to me yesterday.

If you want to raid, try to do a lot of bounties and patrols to get your vanguard rank up. You need rank 1 so you can buy and wear a vanguard class item when you're level 20. That way you can earn vanguard marks for buying legendary items from the vanguard vendors. Most of those items will require vanguard rank 3, which will take a LONG time. I think I'm about half way to rank 1 in my playtime, which is pretty significant. I've got 12+ hours, I'm sure.

I have to complete the Strike mission on the moon, but otherwise I've completed it. I've finished everything on Earth. I've done a couple of missions on Venus, but there are a number left as well as finishing the gold chests in Patrol, and doing I think 2 Strike missions. Lots of content to go.

Probably just as bad as most modern shooters ... backstabs from all angles (on your screen) and getting shot behind solid cover. Oh for the days of LPB supremacy :(

What's LPB?

Server modeling of the underlying game is better than client-side, at least for PvP.

Back